Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2016, pp. 58-62
Calculation of two-layer billet of spherical bottoms for high-pressure vessels
A.S. Prokofiev1, R.S. Gubatyuk1, A.F. Muzhichenko1 and V.N. Baranovsky2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ternopol Ivan Puluj National Technical University, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 56 Russkaya Str., 46001, Ternopol, Ukraine
The article presents the materials of calculations of circumferential stresses and radial displacements in the wall of two-layer spherical bottom. Three models of bottoms were considered, where different combinations of materials for manufacture of shell layers are used. The rational layer thicknesses, circumferential stresses and radial displacements were determined, which formed in them in the ranges of elastic deformations at different combinations of materials of shell layers. The determination of circumferential stresses was carried out by calculation method according to the analytical dependences and by the method of computer simulation. The application of material with higher strength properties in manufacture of the outer shell leads to the effective loading of their common wall, reduction in its thickness and, correspondingly, increase in its inner stresses and, eventually, in the rational loading. 10 Ref., 4 Tables, 3 Figures.
welded structure, two-layer shell, spherical bottom, calculation model, stresses, deformations, welded vessels
- Konon, Yu.A., Pervukhin, L.B., Chudnovsky, A.D. (1987) Explosion welding. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Petushkov, V.G. (2005) Application of explosion in welding technique. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Pismenny, A.S., Novikova, D.P., Prokofiev, A.S. et al. (2004) Properties of weld metal at induction braze-welding of steel 20. The Paton Welding J., 12, 26–32.
- Pismenny, A.S., Prokofiev, A.S., Pismenny, A.A. et al. (2010) Properties of the welded joints of tubular billets produced by pressure braze-welding with a forming device. Ibid., 7, 22–25.
- Bakshi, O.I., Shron, R.Z. (1962) Strength in static tension of welded joints with soft interlayer. Proizvodstvo, 5, 6–10.
- Pismenny, A.A., Gubatyuk, R.S., Prokofiev, A.S. et al. (2014) Braze-welded tubular billets for pipelines and high-pressure vessels. The Paton Welding J., 10, 38–44. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.10.08
- Chernega, V.I. (1976) Safe service of vapor boilers, vessels and pipelines. 2nd Kiev: Tekhnika.
- Pisarenko, G.S., Yakovlev, A.P., Matveev, V.V. (1998) Reference book on strength of materials. 2nd Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Majzel, V.S., Navrotsky, D.I. (1973) Welded structures. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie.
- Pysmenny, O.S., Savytsky, M.M., Pysmenny, O.O. et al. High-pressure vessel with cylindrical body of shell structure. 107847 Ukraine. Publ. 25.02.2015.