Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #12, 2017, pp. 34-39
Application of explosion welding for manufacture of trimetallic transition pieces of cryomodules of linear collider
A.G. Bryzgalin1, E.D. Pekar1, P.S. Shlensky1, G.D. Shirkov2, Yu.A. Budagov2 and B.M. Sabirov2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
JINR, 6 Joliot Curie Str., 141980, Dubna, RF. Е-mail: email@example.com
An original design of transition piece for joining cryomodules of linear collider was proposed, providing necessary strength, helium and vacuum tightness at relatively low cost. The modes of explosion welding of plane titanium–stainless steel–titanium workpieces, at which intermetallics in the joining zone are almost absent, were developed. The modes of electron beam fillet welding of niobium branch pipe with titanium of a transition disc were selected experimentally. The experimental samples of transition pieces were manufactured which successfully passed tests on thermocycling and helium tightness. 8 Ref., 11 Figures.
collider, explosion welding, helium tightness, transition piece, nuclear research
- International Linear Collider. (2013) Technical Design Report. linearcollider.org/ILC/Publications/Technical-Design-Report.
- Sabirov, B. (2010) Explosion welding: New design of the ILC cryomodule. JINR NEWS, 3, 16–20.
- Lysak, V.I., Kuzmin, S.V. (2005) Explosion welding. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Gurevich, S.M. (1981) Reference book on welding of nonferrous metals. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Ryabov, V.R., Dobrushin, L.D., Moon, J.G. (2003) Welding of bimetal. Ed. by Paton B.E. Kiev, PWI.
- Petushkov, V.G., Fadeenko, Yu.I. (1995) Explosion-thermal treatment of welded joints. Ed. by Paton B.E. Welding and Surfacing Review; Vol. 8, Pt 2. London, Harwood acad. publ.
- Petushkov, V.G., Simonov, V.F., Sedykh, V.S., Fadeenko, Yu.I. (1996) Explosion welding criteria. Ed. by Paton B.E. Ibid., Vol. 3, Pt 4. London, Harwood acad. publ.
- Petushkov, V.G. (2009) Explosion and its applications in metalworking. New York, Nova Science Publ.