Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), № 4, 2018, pp. 18-23
A.V. Kavunichenko, V.I. Shvets, E.V. Antipin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Features of flash-butt welding
of rail frogs with rail ends
Producing high-quality welded joints of steel 110G13L with rail ends without intermediate insert is still an urgent problem. The results of investigations on formation of welded joints of rail steel M76 with steel 110G13L are presented, produced by flash-butt welding without austenitic insert. It was shown that in the near-contact layer of rail steel, the high-alloy unstable austenite is formed, edged by carbides. It was established that localization of inner stresses and the presence of embrittled structures are the cause of a low deflection arrow at the required fracture force of welded joints. 7 Ref., 2 Tab., 9 Fig.
: flash-butt welding, steel 110G13L, rail steel M76, microstructure, heat treatment, non-metallic inclusions, inner stresses, mechanic properties, carbides, unstable austenite
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Shvets, V.I., Gordan, G.N. et al. (2006) Features of formation of structure of joints of rail steel M76 to steel 110G13L made by flash-butt welding. The Paton Welding J., 1, 2-8.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Shvets, Yu.V., Dumchev, E.A. et al. (2005) Flash-butt welding of railway frogs with rail ends using an intermediate insert. , 1, 2-4.
- Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Didkovsky, O.V., Bogorsky, M.V. et al. (2002) Method of flash-butt welding. Ukraine, Pat. 46820. Int. Cl. B23K 11/04 [in Ukrainian].
- Gruzin, P.L., Grigorkin, V.I., Moskaleva, L.N., Mural, V.V. (1969) Transformations in austenitic manganese steel. Metallovedenie i Termich. Metallov, 1, 5-9 [in Russian].
- Tkachenko, F.K., Efremenko, V.G. (1990) Structure and phase transformations in wrought high-manganese steel. Ibid., 2, 8-10 [in Russian].
- (2006) TU U 27.3-26524137-1342:2006: Frogs and cores with welded-up rail ends of R65, R50 and UIC60 types. Specification [in Ukrainian].
- (2012) DIN EN 14587-3:2012: Railway applications – Track-flash butt welding of rails. Pt 3: Welding in association with crossing construction.