Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), № 4, 2018, pp. 24-30
I. O. Vakulenko, S. O. Plitchenko
Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport
named after Academician V. Lazaryan. 2 Lazarayn Str.,
Dnipro, 49010. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Determination of parameters of friction
stir welding mode of aluminum-based alloy
A procedure is proposed for determination of parameters of process of plates joining using friction stir welding technology by the example aluminum alloy. A nature of metal heating was determined in the process of investigation of working tool rotation at different relationships of frequencies and normal pressing to joined edges. A minimum value of temperature interval in realizing of friction stir welding technology was determined from the analysis of nature of increase of heating temperature of edges being joined. Based on the analysis of received experimental data a concept of determination of main parameters of welding process was proposed. 17 Ref., 9 Fig.
: friction stir welding, heat energy, working tool; welding mode, aluminum-based alloys, optimum temperature
- Thomas, W.M., Nicholas, E.D., Needham, J.S. et al. (1991) Friction stir butt welding. Int. Pat. PCT/GB 92/02203; GB Pat. Appl. 9125978.8. Publ. 1991.
- Schneider, J.A. (2007) Temperature distribution and resulting metal flow: Friction stir welding and processing, 37–49.
- Makarov, E.L., Korolyov, S.A., Shtrickman, M.M., Kashchuk, N.M. (2010) Modeling of thermal processes in friction welding. Svarka i Diagnostika, 3, 21–25 [in Russian].
- Mishara, R.S., Mahoney, M.W. (2007) Friction stir welding and processing. Ohio, ASM International.
- Poklyatsky, A.G., Ishchenko, A.Ya., Podielnikov, S.V. (2008) Influence of friction stir welding process parameters on weld formation in welded joints of aluminium alloys 1.8–2.5 mm thick. The Paton Welding J., 10, 22–25.
- Song, M., Kovacevic, R. (2003) Numerical and experimental study of the heat transfer process in friction stir welding. In: Ins. Mech. Eng., B.J. Eng. Manuf., IMECHE, 217, 73–85. https://doi.org/10.1243/095440503762502297
- Vakulenko, I.O., Mityaev, O.A., Plitchenko, S.O. (2014) On structure transformations in friction stir welding of aluminium alloy. In: New materials and technologies in metallurgy and mechanical engineering. Zaporizhzhya, 1, 8–10 [in Ukrainian].
- Schneider, J.A., Nunes, A.C. (2004) Characterization of plastic flow and resulting microtextures in a friction stir weld. Mater. Trans. B, 35, 777–783. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11663-004-0018-4
- Colligan, K. (2003) Tapered friction stir welding tool. Int. Pat. Appl. 10/140,797; US Pat. 6,669,075 B2. Publ. 30.12.2003.
- Vakulenko, I.O., Plitchenko, S.O. Nadezhdin, Yu.L. (2012) Application of friction stir welding technology of aluminium alloy. Visnyk Dniprop. Nats. Zalizn. Transport. Univers. V. Lazaryana, 41, 230–233 [in Ukrainian].
- Vakulenko, I.O., Plitchenko, S.O. Nadezhdin, Yu.L. (2012) Method of friction stir welding of aluminium-based alloys. Ukraine Pat. 75698, Int. Cl. B23K 1/00. Fill. 29.05.12; Publ. 10.12.12 [in Ukrainian].
- Reynolds, A.P., Schneider, A.P. (2007) Microstructure development in aluminum alloy friction stir welds. In: Friction stir welding and processing, 51–70.
- Vakulenko, I.A., Bolshakov, V.I. (2008) Morphology of structure and strain hardening of steel: Monography. Dnepropetrovsk, DNU [in Russian].
- Hayes, R.W., Hayes, W.C. (1982) On the mechanism of delayed discontinuous plastic flow in an age-hardened nickel alloy. Acta Metallurgica, 30, 1295–1301. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(82)90148-1
- Vill, V.I. (1970) Friction welding of metals. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Vakulenko, I.O., Plitchenko, S.O. (2017) Determination activation energy of friction stir welding. In: of 9th Intern. Conf. of Young Scientists on Welding and Related Technologies (23–26 May 2017, Kyiv, Ukraine). Kyiv, 54–58.
- Erokhin, A.A. (1973) Fundamentals of fusion welding. Physical-chemical principles. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].