Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #7, 2019, pp. 38-45
Peculiarities of evaluation of short-term mechanical properties of a joint of difficult-to-weld nickel high-temperature alloys of ZhS6 type
K. A. Yushchenko, A. V. Yarovitsyn, N. O. Chervyakov, A. V. Zvyagintseva, I. R. Volosatov, G. D. Khrushchov
E. O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A procedure was developed for evaluation of short-term mechanical properties of “base – deposited metal” welded joint of difficult-to-weld nickel high-temperature alloys of ZhS6 type at high-temperatures, simulating restoration of edges of blades of aircraft gas-turbine engines at their serial repair. The need of limiting reduction in comparison with acting reference documents of sizes of welded billets and samples for mechanical tests was shown following the condition to provide technological strength of such welded joint. The developed procedure was tested on servohudraulic machine MTS-810 during samples’ testing. It allowed making ground for selection of the modes of preliminary heat treatment in order to get optimum strength properties of deposited metal ZhS6K. 19 Ref., 4 Tabl., 7 Fig.
Keywords: microplasma powder surfacing, GTE blades, repair of shrouds, difficult-to-weld nickel alloy, welded joint, technological strength, sample preparation, short-term mechanical properties, high temperature
1. Pejchev, G.I. (2005) Repair of worn out during operation structure components of flange platforms of turbine cast blades from alloys of ZhS type. Aviats.-Kosmich. Tekhnika i Tekhnologiya, 9(25), 221-223 [in Russian].
2. Yushchenko, K.A., Savchenko, V.S., Yarovitsyn, A.V. et al. (2010) Development of the technology for repair microplasma power cladding of flange platform faces of aircraft engine high-pressure turbine blades. The Paton Welding J., 8, 21-24.
3. Zhemanyuk, P.D., Petrik, I.A., Chigilejchik, S.L. (2015) Experience of introduction of the technology of reconditioning microplasma powder surfacing at repair of high-pressure turbine blades in batch production. Ibid., 8, 39-42. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.08.08
4. Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V. (2012) Improvement of technology of repair of upper flange platform of aircraft gas turbine engine blades. In: Special-purpose program of NASU of Ukraine: Problems of life and safety of constructions and Machines: Collect. of the results of 2010-2012. Kyiv, PWI, 506-509 [in Russian].
5. Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V., Chervyakov, N.O. (2016) Dependencies of discrete-additive formation of microvolumes of metal being solidified in multilayer microplasma powder surfacing of nickel alloys. The Paton Welding J., 5-6, 143-149. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.25
6. Zhemanyuk, P.D., Petrik, I.A., Chigilejchik, S.L. (2016) Peculiarities of bead shape regulation in single-layer microplasma surfacing on edges of aircraft gas turbine engine blades. Ibid., 11, 23-40. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.11.04
7. Yushchenko, K.A., Yarovitsyn, A.V., Chervyakov, N.O. (2017) Effect of energy parameters of microplasma powder surfacing modes on susceptibility of nickel alloy ZhS32 to crack formation. Ibid., 2, 2-6. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.02.01
8. GOST 6996-66 (ISO 4136-89, ISO 5173-81, ISO 5177-81): Welded joints. Methods of mechanical properties determination (with modifications 1, 2, 3, 4) [in Russian].
9. (2015) DSTU EN ISO 15792-1:2015: Welding consumables. Pt 1. Tests methods for all-weld metal test specimens in steel, nickel and nickel alloys [in Ukrainian].
10. (2015) DSTU EN ISO 15792-2:2015: Welding consumables. Pt 2. Preparation of single-run and two-run technique test specimens in steel [in Ukrainian].
11. (2015) DSTU EN ISO 5178:2015: Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials. Longitudinal tensile test on weld metal in fusion welded joints [in Ukrainian].
12. (2015) DSTU EN ISO 4136-1:2015: Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials. Transverse tensile test [in Ukrainian].
13. (2011) ISO 6892-2:2011: Metallic materials. Pt 2. Method of test at elevated temperature.
14. DuPont, J.N., Lippold, J.C., Kisser, S.D. (2009) Welding metallurgy and weldability of nickel-base alloys. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Hoboken, New Jersey. https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470500262
15. Yarovitsyn, A.V. (2015) Energy approach in analysis of microplasma powder surfacing modes. The Paton Welding J., 5-6, 14-21. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.03
16. (1984) GOST 1497-84: Metals. Tensile testing methods (valid to 01.01.2021) [in Russian].
17. (2006) DSTU EN 10002-1:2006: Metallic materials. Tensile tests. Pt 1. Testing method at room temperature [in Ukrainian].
18. Koval, A.D., Andrienko, A.G., Gajduk, S.V., Kononov, V.V. (2012) Optimization of heat treatment mode for alloy ZhS3LS doped with hafnium and tantalum. Novi Materialy v Metalurgii ta Mashynobuduvanni, 2, 15-19 [in Russian].
19. Kishkin, S.T. (2006) Development, investigation and application of high-temperature alloys. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].