Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2020, pp.44-49
Additive electron beam equipment for layer-by-layer manufacture of metal products from powder materials
V.A. Matviychuk, V.M. Nesterenkov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11, Kazimir Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
On the basis of small-sized equipment SV-212M for electron beam welding, a mock-up of additive technological equipment was created to reproduce the process of manufacturing parts according to set shape and properties, applying the method of layer-by-layer surfacing with the use of metal powder materials. A hardware and software platform for the control of equipment was developed, which was integrated into additive technological equipment. The platform consists of hardware controller, which was developed on the basis of the industrial controller cRIO-9039 produced by the company National Instruments (USA) and software for 3D printing. On the created equipment, a test specimen of the product of a set shape with the following geometric dimensions: outer diameter – 85 mm, inner diameter – 55 mm, height – 35 mm was produced. For manufacturing, the powder of VT-20 titanium of the domestic company «Ti-Technology» was used. Metallographic examinations of the specimen were carried out. It was established that the surfacing structure in the body of crystallites mainly has a branchy ?’-phase and a small amount of ?-phase, which is characteristic of cast titanium alloy VT-20. The grain boundaries are pure, without inclusions. Parts of the specimen are without pores, which evidences about a complete penetration of the powder layer in the process of 3D printing. The hardness of the metal in all the areas is not significantly different and is in the range from HV 3960 to HV 4150 MPa. According to the results of investigations the conclusions were made. 10 Ref., 1 Tabl., 13 Fig.
Keywords: additive technologies, electron beam, surfacing, metal powder, titanium alloy, control platform, metallography, investigations
1. Nesterenkov, V.M., Matvejchuk, V.A., Rusynik, M.O. (2018) Manufacture of industrial products using electron beam technologies for 3D-printing. The Paton Welding J., 1, 24-28. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.01.05
2. Matviichuk, V.A., Nesterenkov, V.M., Rusynik, M.O. (2019) Specialized technological electron beam equipment for realization of additive process of layer-by-layer manufacture of metal products using the powder materials. In: Proc. of 9th Int. Conf. on Beam Technologies in Welding and Materials Processing - BTWMP (Odessa, 9-13 September 2019), 84-88. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2019.09.01
3. Paton, B.E., Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M. et al. (2004) Computer control of electron beam welding with multi-coordinate displacements of the gun and workpiece. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2-5.
4. Nesterenkov, V.M., Matvejchuk, V.A., Rusynik, M.O., Ovchinnikov, A.V. (2017) Application of additive electron beam technologies for manufacture of parts of VT1-0 titanium alloy powders. Ibid., 3, 2-6. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.03.01
5. Nesterenkov, V.M., Matviichuk, V.A., Rusynik, M.O. et al. (2019) Microstructure of VT20 titanium alloys produced by the method of layer-by-layer electron beam fusion using domestic powder materials. Ibid., 9, 2-7. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2019.09.01
6. Zhukov, V.V., Grigorenko, G.M., Shapovalov, V.A. (2016) Additive manufacturing of metal products (Review). Ibid., 5-6, 137-142. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.24
7. Nesterenkov, V.M., Matvejchuk, V.A., Rusynik, M.O. et al. (2017) Principles of manufacture of commercial parts by method of rapid prototyping using the electron beam technologies. In: Proc. of 9th Int. Conf. on Beam Technologies in Welding and Materials Processing - BTWMP (Odessa, 9-13 September 2019), 73-77.
8. Matviichuk, V.A., Nesterenkov, V.M., Rusynik, M.O. (2018) Application of additive electron-beam technologies for manufacture of metal products. Electrotechnica & Electronica E+E, 3-4, 69-73. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.01.05
9. Nesterenkov, V.M., Khripko, K.S., Orsa, Yu.V., Matviichuk, V.A. (2018) Electron beam technologies in aircraft construction. In: Science of materials: Achievements and perspectives. In: 2 Vol., Vol. 2. Kyiv, Akademperiodika [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.12.14
10. Mahale, T.R. (2009) Electron beam melting of advanced materials and structures. In: Syn. of Thesis for the Degree of Dr. of Philosophy. North Carolina State University, USA.
Advertising in this issue: