Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #5, 2020, pp. 16-24
Problems and prospects of surfacing copper and copper parts by wear-resistant layers (Review)
A.A. Babinets1, I.O. Ryabtsev1, I.P. Lentyugov1, I.I. Ryabtsev1, Yu.V. Demchenko1, A.I. Panfilov2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazymyr Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Steel Works Company, 32 Sobornosti Str., 50065, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The prospects for application of the methods of arc and plasma-powder surfacing, in order to increase the crack resistance of
copper parts, are shown, proceeding from the results of literature analysis. Selection of promising materials was performed
for deposition of copper-resistant layers on copper surfaces by these methods. Comparative evaluation of physico-mechanical
properties of copper and the main alloying elements of promising surfacing materials was performed. 31 Ref., 1 Tabl., 6 Fig.
copper surfacing, wear-resistant layer, increase of wear-resistance, copper, dissimilar metals, weldability, fusion zone
1. Mvola, B., Kah, P., Martikainen, J. (2014) Welding of dissimilar non-ferrous metals by GMAW processes. Inter. J. of Mechanical and Materials Eng., 9, 21. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40712-014-0021-8
2. Gurevich, S.M. (1990) Non-ferrous metal welding guide. Kiev, Naukova dumka, [in Russian].
3. Bailey, N. (1986) Welding dissimilar metals. Cambridge, Woodhead Publ. Ltd.
4. Neulybin, S.D., Belinin, D.S., Kuchev, P.S., Gilev, I.A. (2013) Research plasma surfacing of copper by working of plasma torch on direct and reverse polarity current. Master's J., 2, 22-27.
5. Radyuk, A.G., Titlyanov, A.E., Strizhakova, T.I. et al. (2008) The influence of aluminum on the nickel and chromium diffusion into copper during the deposition and thermal treatment of gas-thermal coatings. Russian Journal of Non-ferrous Metals, 49, 261-263. https://doi.org/10.3103/S1067821208040093
6. Neulybin, S.D., Belinin, D.S., Terentyev, S.A. (2017) Comparative analysis of wear and corrosion attack resistance of bimetal steel-copper products manufactured by plasma-jet hard-facing with direct and reversed polarity current. Procedia Eng., 206, 1401-1406. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.10.652
7. Messler, R.W. (2019) A Practical guide to welding solutions: overcoming technical and material-specific issues. Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527818815
8. Akimov, V.A. (2011) Research and improvement of the technology for manufacturing air lances of blast furnaces by applying aluminum-containing gas-flame coatings with subsequent heat treatment. Cand. tech. sci. diss. abstr. Moscow, Institut stali i splavov [in Russian].
9. Paton, B.E. (1974) Technology of the Fusion Electric Welding of Metals and Alloys. Moscow, Mashinostroenie, [in Russian].
10. Rjabcev, I.A., Senchenkov, I.K., Turyk, Je.V. (2015) Surfacing. Materials, technologies, mathematical modeling. Gliwice, Wydawnictwo Politechniki Slaskiej [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.29
11. Gerasimova, A., Devyatyarova, V., Kondratenko, V. (2017) Creation of the wear-resistant layer on narrow walls MNLZ crystallizers with use gas-thermal covering. Bulletin of Sci. and Practice, 1, 32-38.
12. Demidenko, L.Yu., Onatskaya, N.A., Polovinka, V.D. (2014) Effect of temperature of thermomechanical treatment on quality of dissimilar metal joints. The Paton Welding J., 12, 11-14. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.12.03
13. Poleshchuk, M.A., Atroshenko, M.G., Shevtsov, A.V., Puzrin, A.L. (2016) Deposition of protective coatings on copper plates of CCM molds by the method of autovacuum brazing. Ibid, 10, 37-40. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.10.07
14. Koleda, V.N. (2012) Improvement of the technology for submergedarc welding of copper to steel. Ibid, 3, 39-43.
15. Wan, X., Liu, X.W., Zhang, M.Y. (2007) Experimental research on ZrO2 coating for single tuyere of small blast furnace. Refractories, 41, 220-222, 229.
16. Shmorgun, V.G., Slautin, O.V., Evstropov, D.A. et al. (2015) Methods for producing wear-resistant coatings based on titanium cuprides. Izvestija VGTU, 12, 22-28, [in Russian].
17. Portnov, L., Nikitin, L., Bugaev, S., Shchipitsyn, V. (2014). Improving the durability of blast-furnace tuyeres. Metallurgist, 58, 488-491. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11015-014-9938-7
18. Senchenkov, I.K., Chervinko, O.P., Ryabtsev, I.A., Babinets, A.A. (2014) Determination of the service life of hardfaced components under thermal and cyclic loading. Welding International, v. 28, 1, 80-84. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507116.2013.796661
19. Babinets, A.A., Ryabtsev, A.A. (2016) Fatigue life of multilayer hard-faced specimens. Ibid, v. 30, 4, 305-309. https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161.2015.1058004
20. Ilyushenko, V.M., Anoshin, V.A., Majdanchuk, T.B., Lukianchenko, E.P. (2014) Effectiveness of application of new consumables in welding and surfacing of copper and its alloys (Review). The Paton Welding J., 6-7, 80-83. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.16
21. Psaras, G.G., Ezhel', A.I. (1985) For Welder of Non-Ferrous Metals. Reference Book. Donetsk, Donbass, [in Russian].
22. Nevidomsky, V.A., Krasilnikov, S.G., Panin, A.D., et al. (2003) Experience in welding of copper-steel moulds at NKMZ Company. The Paton Welding J., 8, 46-48.
23. Babinets, A.A., Ryabtsev, I.A., Panfilov, A.I., Zhdanov, V.A. (2016) Influence of methods of arc surfacing with flux-cored wire on penetration of base metal and formation of deposited metal. Ibid, 11, 17-22. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.11.03
24. Babinets, A.A., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2017) Flux-cored wire for wear-resistant surfacing of thin-sheet structures. Ibid, 1, 54-57. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.01.10
25. Pereplyotchikov, E.F. (2004) Plasma-powder cladding of wear- and corrosion-resistant alloys in valve manufacturing. Ibid, 10, 31-37.
26. Pereplyotchikov, E.F. (2015) Plasma-powder surfacing of nickel and cobalt alloys on copper and its alloys. Ibid, 5-6, 10-13. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.02
27. Beljuk, S.I., Samarcev, V.P., Pay, A.G., Gal'chenko N.K. (2006) Electron beam surfacing in the steel industry. Proceedings II int. seminar «Plasma emission electronics». Respublika Burjatija, Ulan-Udje, 101-107, [in Russian].
28. Grigorenko, G.M., Adeeva, L.I., Tunik, A.Yu., et al. (2015) Application of friction stir welding method for repair and restoration of worn-out copper plates of mccb moulds. The Paton Welding J., 5-6, 55-58. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.13
29. Massalski, T. B. (2007) Binary alloy phase diagrams. Materials Park, Ohio, ASM Inter.
30. Chigarev, V.V., Gavrish, P.A., Vasil'eva, L.V. (2011) Increase of the productivity of welding of cooper with steel. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4/5, 4-7.
31. Lide, D. R., Haynes, W. (2018) CRC Handbook of chemistry and physics: a ready-reference book of chemical and physical data. Boca Raton, Taylor and Francis.
Advertising in this issue: