Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #5, 2020, pp. 37-44
Automatic arc welding in manufacture and renovation repair of pipe elements of spirals of high-pressure heaters of NPP power units
L.M. Lobanov1, N.M. Makhlin2, V.Ye. Popov2, D.S. Oliyanenko2, O.V. Kovalyuk3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazymyr Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
SE «Scientific and engineering center of welding and control in the field of nuclear energy of Ukraine of E.O. Paton Electric
Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SE «Atomenergomash» of the SE NNEGC «Energoatom», 52 Promyslova Str., PO Box 306, 71503,
Energodar, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper considers the possibility for applying automatic orbital welding using non-consumable electrode in helium environment
or plasma welding using the methods of autopressing or successive penetration to produce welded joints of pipe elements of highpressure
spirals in high-pressure heaters. The results of testing this technology and the optimal modes of producing stationary
welded joints of pipe elements in spirals of high-pressure heaters of NPP power units are presented. A description of technical
proposals on creation of domestic welding equipment for implementation of the proposed technology was presented. It is shown
that the use of the developed technology applying domestic equipment can significantly increase the labour efficiency when
producing welded joints of pipe elements in spirals of high-pressure heaters and significantly improve their quality. 13 Ref., 3 Fig.
high-pressure heaters, spirals of high-pressure heaters, automatic orbital welding, non-consumable electrode,
autopressing or sequential penetration, constricted arc, helium arc or plasma welding, stationary butts of pipelines, plasmatron
1. Efimov, O.V., Pylypenko, M.M., Potanina, T.V. et al. (2017) Reactors and steam generatots of NPP power units: schemes, processes, materials, structures, models. Ed. by O.V. Efimov. Kharkiv, LLC «V spravi» [in Ukrainian].
2. Buongiomo, J. (2010) PWR Description. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
3. Rules for device and safe operation steam and hot water pipelines for objects of atomic energy (Approved by Resolution Gosatomnadzor of Russia, No. 3 and Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia, No. 100, June 19,2003). Moscow, Gosatomnadzor of Russia [in Russian].
4. Makhlin, N.M., Vodolazsky, V.E., Popov, V.E. et al. (2018) Selectrion of welding technology in manufacture and restoration repair of spirals of high-pressure heaters of NPP power units. The Paton Welding J., 4, 37-43. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.04.06
5. Bukarov, V.A. (2002) Technology of automatic shielded- arc welding. In: Welding in nuclear industry and power engineering. Trans. of NIKIMT. Moscow, Izd-vo AT,. 1, 149-210 [in Russian].
6. Ishchenko, Yu.S. (2018) Physico-technological principles of weld formation in arc welding process. Ibid., Vol. 2, 204-240 [in Russian].
7. Troitsky, V.A. (2006) Brief manual on quality control of welded joints. Kiev, Feniks [in Russian].
8. Lobanov, L.M., Vodolazsky, V.E., Makhlin, N.M. et al. (2017) Horizontal manipulator for arc welding of pipe structure parts. Positive decision on the application а2017 11752 from 01.12.2017 [in Russian].
9. Krivtsun, I.V., Demchenko, V.F., Krikent, I.V. et al. (2019) Effect of current and arc length on characteristics of arc discharge in nonconsumable electrode welding. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2-12. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2019.05.01
10. Boyi, Wu, Krivtsun, I.V. (2019) Processes of nonconsumable electrode welding with welding current modulation (Review). Pt 1. Peculiarities of burning of nonstationary arcs with refractory cathode. Ibid., 11, 23-32. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2019.11.05
11. Goloshubov, V.I. (2005) Welding power sources. In: Manual. Kyiv, Aristei [in Ukrainian].
12. Paton, B.E., Grigorenko, G.M., Shejko, I.V. (2013) Plasma technologies and equipment in metallurgy and foundry. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
13. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynskyi, O.E., Svyrydenko, A.O. (2013) Hardware and software complexes for automatic welding of permanent joints of pipelines of nuclear power plants. Nauka ta Innovatsii, 9(6), 31-45 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/scin9.06.031
Advertising in this issue: