Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #4, 2021, pp. 29-35
Weld formation in consumable electrode welding of butt joints of amg5m aluminium alloy in site with a forming backing element and without it
T.M. Labur, M.R. Javorska, V.A. Koval
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper presents the results of studying the features of weld formation at consumable electrode pulsed-arc welding of 4 mm
AMg5M alloy in diff erent positions at the speed of 23 m/h. with forming backing element (FBE) and without it. It is shown
that sound welds form irrespective of the angle of butt joint inclination relative to the horizontal plane. FBE presence increases
the geometrical dimensions of weld made with consumable electrode by 4 – 12% on average, depending on the position of butt
joints. Obtained data clearly demonstrates the possibility of achieving the required quality of welds and high level of mechanical
properties in consumable electrode welding of aluminium-magnesium alloys at diff erent positions of the butt joints without
FBE application. 6 Ref., 3 Tabl., 4 Fig.
Keywords: aluminium alloy, argon-arc welding, consumable electrode, fi ller wire, but joint positions, forming backing element,
welded joints, welds, solidifi cation, structure, mechanical properties
1. Andreev, S.B., Golovachenko, V.S., Gobach, V.D., Russo,
V.A. (2006) Fundamentals of welding of ship structures.
St.-Petersburg, Sudostroenie [in Russian].
2. Kolpakov, I.N., Osokin, E.P., Pavlova, V.I., Ushkov, S.S.
(2006) Structural aluminium materials in shipbuilding. TsNII
Prometej. TLS, 1-2, 73-80 [in Russian].
3. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Labur, T.M., Bernadsky, V.N., Makovetskaya,
O.K. (2006) Aluminium and its alloys in modern welded
structures. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
4. Labur, T.M., Zhernosekov, A.M., Yavorskaya, M.R., Pashulya, M.P. (2013) Consumable electrode pulsed-arc welding of aluminium alloys with regulated pulse shape. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 11, 3-7 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507116.2013.868105
5. DSTU EN ISO 10042:2015 ( EN ISO 10042:2005, ТDТ:ISO10042:
2005, IDТ) Welding. Arc-welded joints in aluminium
and its alloys. Quality levels for imperfections [in Ukrainian].
6. Labur, T.M., Gavrilyuk, Yu.M., Pashulya, M.P., Yavorskaya,
M.R. (2014) Infl uence of welding technology on structure
and physical-mechanical properties of joints of AMg5M aluminium
alloy. In: Proc. of 5th Int. Conf. on Fracture Mechanics
of Materials and Strength of Structures (Ukraine, Lvov,
24–27.06.2014). PMI, 457–461 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: