Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #4, 2021, pp. 36-48
Method of acoustic emission at evauation of the state of welds and their service properties. Part 2. Practical application
S.A. Nedosieka, A.Ya. Nedosieka, M.A. Yaremenko, O.I. Boichuk, M.A. Ovsienko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The majority of existing structures contain welded joints. Questions of monitoring service characteristics of welded joints,
using acoustic emission method are considered. Attention is given to a change in material properties of operating structures with
welded elements after long-term service, taking into account the time and probable violation of service conditions. Examples
of evaluation of the change in properties of welded structure materials by the data of acoustic emission, determination of their
damage and residual service life, are given. 17 Ref., 5 Tabl., 24 Fig.
Keywords: welds, service properties, acoustic emission (AE), AE activity, AE scanning, damage, destruction
1. Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Yaremenko, M.A. et al. (2021) Acoustic emission method at evaluation of the state of welds and their service properties. Part 1. Effect of welded joint type on acoustic emission. The Paton Welding J., 2, 46-52. https://doi.org/10.37434/as2021.02.09
2. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A. (2020) Fundamentals of design and diagnostics of welded structures: Manual. 5th Ed. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Indprom [in Russian].
3. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A. et al. (2013) Software of AE diagnostic systems EMA-3.9. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 16-22 [in Russian].
4. Huang, W., Yang, S., Lin, D., Kovacevic, R. (2009) Real-time monitoring of the weld penetration state in laser welding of high-strength steels by airborne acoustic signal. ASME. Turbo expo: Power for land, sea, and air: cycle innovations; industrial and cogeneration; manufacturing materials and metallurgy. Marine, 4, 799-805. https://doi.org/10.1115/GT2009-59274
5. ASTM E749/E749M-17 (2017) Standard practice for acoustic emission monitoring during continuous welding. ASTM International, West Conshohocken.
6. Zhang, L., Basantes-Defaz, A.C., Ozevin, D. et al. (2019) Real- time monitoring of welding process using air-coupled ultrasonics and acoustic emission. Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 101, 1623-1634. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-018-3042-2
7. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A. et al. (2003) About application of acoustic emission method for control of industrial structures. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 3-6 [in Russian].
8. Shcherbinsky, V.G., Feoktistov, V.A., Polevik, V.A. et al. (1987) Methods of flaw detection of welded joints. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
9. Nedoseka, S.A. (2010) Diagnostics and prediction of service life of welded structures by acoustic emission method. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Tech. Sci. Degree. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
10. Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Boichuk, O.I. et al. (2020) Features of acoustic emission at evaluation of the state of materials. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 3-12 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.37434/tdnk2020.02.01
11. Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya. (2010) Integrated assessment of damage level and residual life of metals with certain operating life. Ibid., 1, 9-16 [in Russian].
12. Karlov, S.A., Sulzhenko, V.A., Yakovlev, A.V. (2019) Acoustic emission control of weld quality in marine engineering: Transact. of Krylov State scientific center. Special Issue [in Russian].
13. Ivanov, A.B., Ievlev, V.A., Neustupov, A.S. et al. (2019) Implementation of a new method for quality control of field welded joints of pipelines: Transact. of Krylov State scientific center. Special Issue 2 [in Russian].
14. Droubi, Mohamad & Faisal, Nadimul & Orr, Fraser & Steel, John & El-Shaib, Mohamed (2017) Acoustic emission method for defect detection and identification in carbon steel welded joints. J. of Constructional Steel Research, 134. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2017.03.012
15. Aboali, Abdalla et al. (2014) Screening for welding defects using acoustic emission technique. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 1025-1026, Trans. Tech. Publ., Ltd., Sept. 2014, 7-12. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1025-1026.7
16. Savchenko, S.V., Timchik, G.S. (2017) Method of control of welded joints on ballistic steels using acoustic emission. Visnyk NTU KhPI. Series: Mechanical-technological systems and complexes, Vol. 20 [in Ukrainian].
17. Skalsky, V.R. (2003) Evaluation of accumulation of bulk damage in solid, based on acoustic emission signals. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 29-36 [in Ukrainian].
Advertising in this issue: