Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #11, 2021, pp. 28-34
Comparison of the processes of electroslag welding at power connection by mono- and bifilar diagram
Yu.M. Lankin, V.G. Solovyov, V.G. Tyukalov, I.Yu. Romanova
.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ЕElectroslag welding (ESW) with wire electrodes with a bifilar diagram of power connection is not applied now. There is every
reason to believe that such a connection diagram has even more advantages over the canonic two-electrode ESW. Therefore,
additional special investigations of the process of bifilar ESW are required. A comparison is given of the process of electroslag
welding at power connection by the canonic two-electrode diagram and by the bifilar diagram with equalizing wire and doubling
of secondary voltage. Given are the results of comparison of both the ESW diagrams by energy consumption; regularities of heat
evolution in the slag pool at the change of its geometrical parameters, coordinates of the points and extent of immersion of the
electrodes, value of voltage applied to the electrodes and electrode feed rate were studied. 9 Ref., 2 Tabl., 9 Fig.
electroslag welding, bifilar diagram, slag pool, metal pool, electric conductivity
1. Medovar, B.I., Stupak, L.M., Bojko, G.A. et al. (1976)
Electroslag furnaces. Ed. by. B.E. Paton, B.I. Medovar. Kiev,
Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Jing, Xie (2008) Structure advantage of a 5-t double pole
series circuit electroslag furnace. Heavy Casting and
Forging, 5(3), 43–45. (In Chinese).
3. Xi-min, Zang, Tian-yu, Qiu, Xin, Deng et al. (2015) Industrial
test of a 6-m long bearing steel ingot by electroslag remelting
withdrawing process. China Foundry, 12(3), 202–207.
4. Tezuka, M., Yamamoto, S., Takahashi, F. et al. (2014) Internal
quality of 2150 mm-diameter ingot manufactured using new
150-ton ESR furnace. Proceedings of the 19th International
Forgemasters Meeting (IFM). Tokyo (Japan), 29.09–03.10,
5. Son, I., Lee, W., Sim, Kw. et al. (2014) Installation of 150-ton
new ESR facility and production of 120-ton ESR ingot for
12Cr HIP rotor forgings. Ibid, Tokyo (Japan), 29.09–03.10,
6. Kubin, M., Scheriau, A., Knabl, M. et al. (2013) Operational experience of large sized ESR plants and attainable quality of ESR ingots with diameter of up to 2600 mm. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Liquid Metal Processing & Casting (LMPC). Austin (Texas, USA), 22-25 September, pp. 57-64. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-48102-9_8
7. Lankin, Yu.N., Moskalenko, A.A., Tyukalov, V.G. et al.
(2008) Application of electroslag welding in construction
and in repair of metallurgical assemblies. Svarshchik, 1, 6–9
8. Gukhman, A.A. (1973) Introduction to similarity theory. 2nd
Ed. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
9. Sorokin, V.G., Volosnikova, A.V., Vyatkin, S.S. et al. (1989)
Grades of steels and alloys. Ed.
Advertising in this issue: