TPWJ, 2009, #1, 42-45 pages
REFINED MATHEMATICAL MODEL OF THE ELECTRIC ARC BURNING IN PLASMATRON WITH EXTERNAL CURRENT-CONDUCTING WIRE
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 1, 2009 (January)
M.Yu. KHARLAMOV1, I.V. KRIVTSUN2, V.N. KORZHIK2, S.V. PETROV2 and A.I. DEMIANOV2
V. Dal East-Ukrainian National University, Lugansk, Ukraine
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Mathematical model of electromagnetic processes has been refined for the arc burning in plasmatron with an anode wire. Comparative numerical analysis of electric, thermal and gas-dynamic characteristics of the arc plasma has been conducted by using a boundary layer approximation and the refined model of the electromagnetic processes. It is shown that the method of description of the said processes has a substantial effect on calculated distributions of characteristics of the arc plasma generated by the plasmatron under consideration.
plasmatron with anode wire, electric arc, mathematical model, plasma flow characteristics
1. Kharlamov, M.Yu., Krivtsun, I.V., Korzhik, V.N. et al. (2007) Mathematical model of arc plasma generated by plasmatron with anode wire. The Paton Welding J., 12, 9-14.
2. Engelsht, V.S., Gurovich, V.Ts., Desyatkov, G.A. et al. (1990) High-temperature plasma: Vol. 1: Theory of electric arc column. Novosibirsk: Nauka.
3. Zhukov, M.F., Kozlov, N.P., Pustogarov, A.V. et al. (1982) Near-electrode processes in arc discharges. Novosibirsk: Nauka.
4. Hu, J., Tsai, H.L. (2007) Heat and mass transfer in gas metal arc welding. Pt 1: The arc. Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 50, 833-846.
5. Anderson, D., Tannehill, J., Pletcher, R. (1990) Computational hydromechanics and heat exchange. Vol. 1. Moscow: Mir.