TPWJ, 2009, #7, 35-43 pages
APPLICATION OF ELECTRON BEAM WELDING IN THE NUCLEAR INDUSTRY (REVIEW)
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 7, 2009 (July)
Yo. URATANI1, G. TAKANO2, M. NAYAMA1 and Yo. SHIMOKUSU1
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., Kobe, Japan Nuclear
Plant Service Engineering Co. Ltd., Kobe, Japan
Nuclear power generation in the energy supply is becoming increasingly important from the viewpoint of future energy resources and preventing of global warming. The assurance of safety in the nuclear power plant is an absolutely essential condition. In the fabrication of related nuclear power plant equipments, improvements have been conducted in order to raise the reliability. One of the most suitable joining techniques is the electron beam welding. This review describes the recent application of the electron beam welding for PWR nuclear power plant.
electron beam welding, PWR, nuclear power plant, austenitic stainless steel, carbon steel, low alloy steel, welding conditions, weld defect, toughness, welded joint properties, postweld heat treatment
1. Takano, G. et al. (1983) Practical application of local vacuum electron beam welding technology. Mitsubishi Technical Review, 1(20).
2. Matsuda, H., Irie, O. (1969) Experiments on soft-vacuum electron beam welding. J. JWS, 10(38).
3. Hull, F.C. (1976) Welding J., 46, 399-408.
4. Brooks, J.A., Thompson, A.W., Williams, J.C. (1984) Ibid., i3, 71-83.
5. Takalo, T., Suutala, N., Moisio, T. (1979) Metallurgical Transact. A, 8(10), 1173-1181.
6. Bonnin, P. et al. (1983) Soudage par faisceau d'electrons de Pacier a 533 Gr B classe 1 en forte epaisseur. 3 erne C.I.S.F.E.L, 419-426.
7. Kikuta, Y. et al. (1981) Microstructure and toughness of high strength weld metals. J. JWS, 1(50), 19-28.
8. Katsumata, M. et al. (1989) Change in mechanical properties with stress relief annealing in pressure vessel steels. Iron and Steel, 2(75) 149-156.
9. Takano, G. et al. (1993) Study on electron beam welding with local vacuum for low alloy steel. Welding in the World, 1(31), 41-48.