TPWJ, 2014, #6-7, 22-28 pages
EFFECT OF STRUCTURAL FACTORS ON MECHANICAL PROPERTIES AND CRACK RESISTANCE OF WELDED JOINTS OF METALS, ALLOYS AND COMPOSITE MATERIALS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 6-7, 2014 (June-July)
L.I. MARKASHOVA, V.D. POZNYAKOV, E.N. BERDNIKOVA, A.A. GAJVORONSKY and T.A. ALEKSEENKO
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Investigated are structure and phase composition of weld metals as well as HAZ of welded joints (of carbon, low-alloy structural and cold-resistant steel, nickel and aluminum alloy and others) in fusion welding and reconstruction repair surfacing using different welding consumables (electrodes, fluxes and wires). Analytical estimations of role of forming structural parameters in change of complex of mechanical properties, as well as nature of distribution and localizing of deformations, level of local internal stresses, intensity and extension of stress concentrators, being potential sources of crack formation generated in welding, were carried out based on experimental data, received on different structural levels (from grain to dislocation ones). The results of carried investigations were used for correction of technological processes of welding that allowed providing high complex of mechanical properties and crack resistance of welded joints. 12 Ref., 7 Figures.
arc welding, structural steels, welded joints, structural factors, mechanical properties, crack resistance
1. Yushchenko, K.A., Belchuk, M.V., Markashova, L.I. et al. (1989) Fine structure of welded joint HAZ of high-temperature nickel alloy of Hastelloy type. Avtomatich. Svarka, 2, 19-22.
2. Savchenko, V.S., Markashova, L.I., Yushchenko, K.A. (1994) Influence of composition and fine structure of welds on processes of thermoplastic strain and formation of underbead cracks in welding of austenitic steels. Ibid., 4, 6-10.
3. Pokhodnya, I.K., Vasiliev, A.D., Orlov, L.N. et al. (1981) To problem of structural and chemical heterogeneity of one-pass weld metal. Ibid., 12, 1-6.
4. Zalevsky, A.V., Parfesso, G.I., Markashova, L.I. et al. (1982) About metallurgical role of zirconium dioxide in welding fluxes. Ibid., 4, 54-56.
5. Pokhodnya, I.K., Kolyada, G.E., Yavdoshchin, I.R. et al. (1982) Influence of oxidation level on peculiarities of structure and mechanical properties of weld metal produced by rutile and ilmenite electrodes. Ibid., 2, 10-14.
6. Markashova, L.I., Zalevsky, A.V. (1985) On mechanism of submicroscopic oxide inclusions. In: Weldability and technology of welding of structural steels and cast irons. Kiev: PWI, 112-114.
7. Solokha, A.M., Markashova, L.I., Yushchenko, K.A. et al. (1984) Causes of reduction of low-temperature impact toughness of stably austenitic welds. Avtomatich. Svarka, 8, 24-26.
8. Markashova, L.I., Ryabov, V.R., Statsenko, V.V. et al. (1995) Examination of structure of dispersion-hardened composite material (Al-4 % C). Ibid., 6, 21-26.
9. Markashova, L.I., Grigorenko, G.M., Arsenyuk, V.V. et al. (2004) Structural approach to evaluation of mechanical properties in HAZ of joints from steels and alloys. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Mathematical Modelling and Information Technologies in Welding and Related Processes (13-17 Sept. 2004, Katsiveli, Crimea, Ukraine). Kiev: PWI, 174-179.
10. Markashova, L.I., Grigorenko, G.M., Poznyakov, V.D. et al. (2008) Structural factors determining the strength, plasticity properties and fracture of welded joints. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Mathematical Modelling and Information Technologies in Welding and Related Processes (27-30 May 2008, Katsiveli, Crimea, Ukraine). Kiev: PWI, 87-94.
11. Markashova, L.I., Grigorenko, G.M., Poznyakov, V.D. et al. (2009) Structural criterion of evaluation of strength, ductility and crack resistance of metals, alloys, composite materials and their welded joints. In: Proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on Mechanics of Fracture of Materials and Strength of Structures. Lviv: PMI, 447-451.
12. Markashova, L.I., Poznyakov, V.D., Gajvoronsky, A.A. et al. (2011) Evaluation of strength and crack resistance of railway wheel metal after long-term service. Fiz.-Khimich. Mekhanika Materialiv, 6, 73-79.