TPWJ, 2018, #7, 2-9 pages
Gas emission and redistribution of hydrogen in aging of welded structures from different metallic materials
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #7, 2018 (July)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The results of investigations of hydrogen behavior in process of aging of welded structures from different materials were analyzed. Gradation of the processes taking place in metal at aging was carried out and reasons of reduction of crack resistances in welded joints at room temperatures were found. The mechanism was proposed, which explains spontaneous hydrogen emission from metal in process of aging, reasons and consequences of these processes. 22 Ref., 2 Tables, 11 Figures.
aging of welded structures, hydrogen, crack resistance, boson, mechanism, cold crack
- Makarov, E.L. (1981) Cold cracks in welding of alloy steels. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Lobanov, L.M., Poznyakov, V.D., Makhnenko, O.V. (2013) Formation of cold cracks in welded joints from high-strength steels with 350-850 MPa yield strength. The Paton Welding J., 7, 7–12.
- Kasatkin, B.S., Strizhius, G.N., Brednev, V.M. et al. (1993) Hydrogen brittleness and formation of cold cracks in welding of 25Kh2NMFA steel. Svarka, 8, 3–10 [in Russian].
- Cwiek, J. (2007) Hydrogen degradation of high strength weldable steels. of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 20, 223–226.
- Musiyachenko, V.F. (1983) Weldability and technology of welding of high-strength steels. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Musiyachenko, V.F., Mikhoduj, L.I. (1990) Hydrogen in welding of high-strength steel and its influence on resistance of welded joints to cold crack formation. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 161–168 [in Russian].
- Akulov, A.I., Belchuk, G.A., Demyantsevich, V.P. (1977) Technology and equipment of fusion welding. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Petrov, G.L., Million, A. (1964) Processes of hydrogen distribution in welded joints of carbon- and low-alloy steels. Proizvodstvo, 10, 9–11 [in Russian].
- Houdremont, E. (1959) Special steels. Moscow, Gostekhizdat [in Russian].
- Smiyan, O.D., Kasatkin, B.S., Musiyachenko, V.F. et al. (1974) Influence of flux humidity on hydrogen distribution in welded joint of 14Kh2GMR steel. Svarka, 5, 72–77 [in Russian].
- Pokhodnya, I.K., Shvachko, V.I., Smiyan, O.D. et al. (1988) Examination of diffusion-mobile hydrogen in low-alloy steels by method of secondary ion mass-spectrometry. In: of 5th All-Union Conf. on Methods of determination and study of gases in metals Moscow. Izd. A.A. Vernadskogo, GEOKhI, 145–148 [in Russian].
- Smiyan, O.D. (2004) Hydrogen in metal as an ozone-free liquid. Fizyka i Khimiya Tverdogo Tila, 4, 571–578 [in Ukrainian].
- Musiyachenko, V.F., Melnik, I.S., Smiyan, O.D. et al. (1988) Hydrogen in high-strength weld metal microalloyed with rare-earth metals. In: Information documents of CMEA, 1, 13–18 [in Russian].
- Makara, A.M., Lakomsky, V.I., Grigorenko, G.M. (1968) Hydrogen distribution in welded joints during ageing. Avtomatich. Svarka, 2, 1–5 [in Russian].
- Smiyan, O.D. (2002) Atomic mechanism of interaction between medium substance and metal being deformed. Fizyka i Khimiya Tverdogo Tila, 4, 662–667 [in Russian].
- Bosak, L.K., Butkova, E.I., Smiyan, O.D. (1988) Examination of peculiarities of hydrogen sorption by solid metal with regard to HAZ in welding of copper. Svarka, 8, 36–38 [in Russian].
- Vajnman, A.B., Melekhov, R.K., Smiyan, O.D. (1990) Hydrogen embrittlement of components of high pressure boilers. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Smiyan, O.D., Kadyreva, K.K. (1976) New methods of direct experimental determination of diffusion coefficients of gasforming impurities in metals of welded joints. In: Diffusion processes in welding: Transact. Kiev, Znanie, 20–21 [in Russian].
- Tupilko, V.M., Zaika, V.I., Koval, G.M. et al. (1977) Pulsed nature of hydrogen emission from finished steel at room temperature. -Khim. Mekhanika Materialov, 13(1), 25–27 [in Russian].
- Asnis, A.E., Ivashchenko, G.A. (1978) Increase in strength of welded structures. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Blashchuk, V.E., Butkova, E.I., Smiyan, O.D. et al. (1990) Effect of annealing on nature of hydrogen distribution in welded joints of AT-3 alloy. Svarka, 11, 33–36 [in Russian].
- Zadery, B.A., Shevchuk, T.V., Smiyan, O.D. et al. (1987) Peculiarities of transition area between HAZ and base metal in titanium alloy welded joints. Ibid., 3, 8–11 [in Russian].