TPWJ, 2019, #3, 49-52 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #3, 2019 (March)
New equipment for preparation of position butts of NPP pipelines for welding
L.M. Lobanov1, N.M. Makhlin2, V.E. Vodolazsky2, V.E. Popov2 and L.P. Mutsenko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SE «Scientific and Engineering Center of Welding and Control in the Field of Nuclear Energy of Ukraine
of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine»
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Investigations and practical experience showed that the quality of welded joints of pipelines, meeting the modern requirements largely depends on the quality of treatment of the end faces of groove edges of their butts prior to welding and on the quality of assembly of pipeline parts directly before welding. The paper presents the results of experimental, technological and design works carried out at the Engineering Center for Welding and Control in the Field of Nuclear Energy, on development of a facing tool for metal pipes of 76 to 108 mm diameter. It is shown that, in comparison with the best foreign analogs, the designed facing tool has a number of significant technological and operational advantages. 7 Ref., 2 Tables, 1 Figure.
Keywords: nuclear power engineering, position butt joints of pipelines, machining, pneumatic drive, facing tools, carriages, cutters
1. Lobanov, L.M., Makhlin, N.M., Smolyakov, V.K. et al. (2015) Equipment for preparation of pipe ends to welding of position butt joints of pipeline. The Paton Welding J., 9, 36-44. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.09.06
2. Troitsky, V.A. (2012) Visual and measuring testing of metal structures and constructions. Kiev, Fenix [in Russian].
3. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, O.E., Svyrydenko, A.O. (2013) Hardware-software complexes for automatic welding of position butt joints of nuclear power plant pipelines. Nauka ta Innovatsii, 9(6), 31-45 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/scin9.06.031
4. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E., Bogdanovsky, V.A. et al. (2011) Single- and multioperator systems for automatic welding of position butt joints of nuclear power plant piping. The Paton Welding J., 11, 28-36.
5. Troitsky, V.A. (2006) Concise manual on testing of welded joint quality. Kiev, Fenix [in Russian].
6. (2001) Handbook of technologist-mechanical engineer. Vol. 2. Ed. by A.M. Dalsky et al. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
7. Lobanov, L.M., Smolyakov, V.K., Vodolazsky, V.E., Makhlin, N.M. (2015) Portable device for treatment of ends and edges of pipes in their preparation for welding. Pat. 102582, Ukraine [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.09.06