Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #3, 2019, pp. 64-67
New equipment for preparation of stationary butts of NPP for welding
L.M. Lobanov1, N.M. Makhlin2, V.E. Vodolazskiy2, V.E. Popov2, L.P. Mutsenko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 03150, 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., Kyiv, Ukraine.
SE «Scientific and Engineering Center of Welding and Control in the Field of Nuclear Energy of Ukraine of E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11, Kazimir Malevich str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The carried out investigations and practice established that the quality of welded joints of pipelines, meeting the modern requirements largely depends on the quality of treatment of ends of groove edges of their butt joints prior to welding and on the quality of assembly of pipeline components directly before welding. The paper presents the results of experimental, technological and design works carried out at the Scientific and Engineering Center of Welding and Control in the Field of Nuclear Energy, on creating a facing tool for metal pipes of a diameter from 76 to 108 mm. It is shown that, in comparison with the best foreign analogues, the designed facing tool has a number of significant technological and operational advantages. 7 Ref., 2 Tabl., 1 Fig.
nuclear power engineering, stationary welded butts of pipelines, mechanical treatment, pneumatic drive, facing tools, rests, cutters
1. Lobanov, L.M., Makhlin, N.M., Smolyakov, V.K. et al. (2015) Equipment for preparation of pipe ends to welding of position butt joints of pipeline. The Paton Welding J., 9, 36-44. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.09.06
2. Troitsky, V.A. (2012) Visual and measuring testing of metal structures and constructions. Kiev, Fenix [in Russian].
3. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, O.E., Svyrydenko, A.O. (2013) Hardware-software complexes for automatic welding of position butt joints of nuclear power plant pipelines. Nauka ta Innovatsii, 9(6), 31-45 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/scin9.06.031
4. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E., Bogdanovsky, V.A. et al. (2011) Single- and multioperator systems for automatic welding of position butt joints of nuclear power plant piping. The Paton Welding J., 11, 28-36.
5. Troitsky, V.A. (2006) Concise manual on testing of welded joint quality. Kiev, Fenix [in Russian].
6. (2001) Handbook of technologist-mechanical engineer. Vol. 2. Ed. by A.M. Dalsky et al. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
7. Lobanov, L.M., Smolyakov, V.K., Vodolazsky, V.E., Makhlin, N.M. (2015) Portable device for treatment of ends and edges of pipes in their preparation for welding. Pat. 102582, Ukraine [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.09.06