DOI of Article
TPWJ, 2018, #3, 25-28 pages
On mechanism of weld metal structure refinement in arc welding under action of magnetic fields (Review)
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #3, 2018 (March)
A.D. Razmyshlyaev1 and M.V. Ageeva2
SHEI «Pryazovskyi State Technical University»
7 Universitetskaya Str., 87500, Mariupol, Donetsk region, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Donbass State Engineering Academy
72 Akademicheskaya Str., 84313, Kramatorsk, Donetsk region, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aim of the work is the analysis of available references on mechanism of refinement of weld structure in arc welding under action of controllable magnetic fields. It is shown that today different authors have various explanations of the facts of refinement of weld metal structural constituents or deposited metal in arc welding under action of a longitudinal magnetic field. There is no single opinion between the authors on the most important factors determining refinement of the weld metal structural constituents in welding under action of the longitudinal magnetic field. It is shown that peculiarities of action of the longitudinal magnetic field on formation of secondary structures in a weld during arc welding also require investigation. It is not determined what is the stage where the weld metal structure refinement takes place under the action of magnetic fields, namely during primary crystallization or during secondary transformations or simultaneously during these two stages. It is necessary to carry out investigations in this direction in order to develop the optimum parameters of the external magnetic fields for weld structure refinement in arc welding. 20 Ref., 1 Figure.
weld metal structure refinement, crystalline particle, external magnetic fields, refinement factor
- Lakhtin, Yu.M. (1977) Physical metallurgy and heat treatment of metals. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Chalmers, B. (1968) Theory of solidification. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Flemings, M. (1977) Processes of solidification. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
- Boldyrev, A.M., Dorofeev, E.V., Antonov, E.G. (1971) Control of crystallization of metal in fusion welding. Proizvodstvo, 6, 35–37 [in Russian].
- Boldyrev, A.M. (1976) On mechanism of formation of weld metal structure by introduction of low-frequency oscillations to weld pool. Ibid., 2, 53–55 [in Russian].
- Sutyrin, G.V. (1975) Study of mechanism of impact of low-frequency vibration on crystallazion of weld pool. Svarka, 5, 7–10 [in Russin].
- Chernysh, V.P., Pakharenko, V.A. (1979) Kinetics of crystallization of pool in welding with electromagnetic stirring. Ibid., 3, 5–7 [in Russian].
- Aristov, S.V., Russo, V.L. (1982) Crystallization of weld metal in low-frequency oscillations of melt. Proizvodstvo, 11, 42–44 [in Russian].
- Abralov, M.A., Abdurakhmanov, R.U., Kuluashev, A.T. (1977) Peculiarities of crystallization of weld metal pool under electromagnetic stirring conditions. Svarka, 8, 7–11 [in Russian].
- Malinkin, I.V., Chernysh, V.P. (1970) Selection of modes of welding pool electromagnetic stirring. Ibid., 7, 14–16 [in Russian].
- Chernysh, V.P., Kuznetsov, V.D., Briskman, A.N. et al. (1983) Welding with electromagnetic stirring. Kiev, Tekhnika [in Russian].
- Korab, N.G., Kuznetsov, V.D., Chernysh, V.P. (1990) Evaluation of effect of controllable magnetic field on crystallization in arc welding. Svarka, 2, 33–36 [in Russian].
- Abralov, M.A., Abdurakhmanov, R.U. (1982) On mechanism of refinement of weld metal primary structure in electromagnetic action. Ibid., 2, 18–21 [in Russian].
- Bagryansky, K.V., Dobrotina, Z.A., Khrenov, K.K. (1976) Theory of welding processes. Kiev, Vyshcha Shkola [in Russian].
- (1970) Theoretical principles of welding. Ed. by V.V. Frolov. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
- (1988) Theory of welding processes. Ed. by V.V. Frolov. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
- Abralov, M.A., Abdurakhmanov, R.U. (1975) Kinetics of formation of secondary boundaries and propagation of hot cracks in welding of nickel. Svarka, 22, 31–34 [in Russian].
- Abralov, M.A., Abdurakhmanov, R.U. (1980) Some peculiarities of formation of secondary boundaries in welds in electromagnetic impact. Ibid., 2, 12–18 [in Russian].
- Morozov, V.P. (2006) Analysis of conditions of refined structure formation in crystallization of weld pool metal with periodic oscillation superposition. Vuzov. Mashinostroenie, 8, 41–54 [in Russian].
- Morozov, V.P. (2011) Effect of proper frequency synchronization of oscillation mechanism of weld crystallization and frequency of external periodic impact on technological strength during welding. Nauka i Obrazovanie, 12, 1–14 [inRussian].