Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #10, 2019, pp. 22-27
Effect of horizontal mechanical vibration on deposited metal service properties
Ch.V. Pulka, M.I. Pidgurskiy, V.S. Senchishin, M.V. Sharik, V.Ya. Gavrilyuk
Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University of MOS of Ukraine.
56 Ruska Str., 46001, Ternopil. E-mail: Viktor_Synchyshyn@i.ua
Wear resistance and stability of thickness of the layer of metal deposited by the induction method was studied. It is shown that at surfacing with powderlike hard alloy PG-S1 by ITES heating system (inductor, thermal and electromagnetic shields) with application of horizontal vibration and energy-saving surfacing mode, the wear resistance increases 1.4 times, stability of deposited metal layer thickness – by 10% and deposited metal quality is improved (transformation from coarse- to fine-grained structure), compared to the technology of horizontal vibration. 11 Ref., 3 Tabl., 5 Fig.
induction surfacing, thin steel discs, horizontal mechanical vibration, microstructure, wear resistance, thermal and electromagnetic shield, energy-saving mode
1. Ryabtsev, I.A. (2004) Surfacing of machine and mechanism parts. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
2. Tkachev, V.N. (1971) Wear and improvement of service life of parts of agricultural machines. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
3. Pulka, Ch.V. (2006) Technological and energy effectiveness of induction surfacing of thin steel discs. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
4. Lozinsky, M.G. (1958) Industrial application of induction heating. Moscow, Izd-vo AN SSSR [in Russian].
5. Babat, G.I. (1965) Induction heating of metals and its industrial application. Moscow, Energiya [in Russian].
6. Slukhotsky, A.E., Ryskin, S.E. (1974) Inductors for induction heating. Leningrad, Energiya [in Russian].
7. Brezinova, J., Guzanova, A., Draganovska, D. et al. (2016) Study of selected properties of thermally sprayed coatings containing WC and WB hard particles. Acta Mech. Autom., 10, 296-299. Doi:10.1515/ama-2016-0046. https://doi.org/10.1515/ama-2016-0046
8. Pulka, Ch.V., Gavrilyuk, V.Ya., Senchishin, V.S. (2013) Improvement of equipment and technology of induction surfacing. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 4, 27-30 [in Russian].
9. Shably, O.N., Pulka, Ch.V., Budzan, B.P. (1988) Ways of energy saving in induction surfacing of thin-wall discs. Avtomatich. Svarka, 12, 56-58 [in Russian].
10. Pulka, Ch.V., Shablii, O.M., Gavrylyuk, V.Ya., Senchyshyn, V.S, Sharyk, M.V. (2012) Method of surfacing of steel discs. Pat. on utility 72129 UA, Int. Cl. B23K 13/00. Ternop. NTU [in Ukrainian].
11. Pulka, Ch.V., Shablii, O.M., Gavrylyuk, V.Ya., Senchyshyn, V.S, Sharyk, M.V. (2012) Method of surfacing of steel discs. Pat. on utility 73032 UA, Int. Cl. B23K 13/00. Ternop. NTU [in Ukrainian].
12. Yuzvenko, Yu.A., Gavrish, V.A., Marienko, V.A. (1979) Laboratory units for evaluation of wear resistance of deposited metal. Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. Properties and tests of deposited metal. Kiev, PWI, 23-27 [in Russian].
13. Pulka, Ch.V. (1998) Programming of heating mode in induction surfacing of thin steel discs. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 48-50 [in Russian].
14. Shablii, O.M., Pulka, Ch.V., Pysmennyi, O.S. (2004) Device for control of power in surfacing zone. Declar. Pat. UA 68940A, Int. Cl. 7B23K 13/00 [in Ukrainian].