Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #7, 2020, pp. 25-31
Effect of heat treatment on the structure and mechanical properties of sheet aluminium alloy V1341 and its welded joints produced BY TIG welding
Labur T.M., Javorska M.R., Koval V.A.
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11, Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
The paper gives the results of studying the effect of various heat treatment operations on the structure and mechanical properties
of the base metal and welded joints of sheet aluminium alloy of V1341 grade 1.2 mm thick, produced by manual nonconsumable
electrode argon-arc welding. The dependence is established between the structural state of the metal of welded joints of this
alloy on the kind of heat treatment that affects the level of strength and ductility. A significant effect of improvement of the
structure and mechanical properties is achieved, when conducting complete heat treatment, which includes quenching and
artificial ageing of the alloy and its joints. Compared to artificial ageing modes, this kind of heat treatment allows producing a
stable metal structure, characterized by smaller dimensions of phase precipitates and inclusions, that promotes increase of the
strength level, under the condition of preservation of the ductility values. 8 Ref., 2 Tab., 4 Fig.
aluminium alloy, manual nonconsumable electrode argon-arc welding, filler wire, welded joints, heat treatment,
structure, mechanical properties, investigations
1. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Labur, T.M. (2013) Welding of modern
structures from aluminium alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in
2. Klochkov, G.G., Grushko, O.E., Popov, V.I. et al. (2001)
Structure, technological properties and weldability of
V1341T alloy sheets of Al-Mg-Cu system. Aviats. Materialy
i Tekhnologii, 1, 3-8 [in Russian].
3. Fridlyander, I.N., Grushko, O.E., Sheveleva, L.M.
(2004) Properties of sheets from advanced alloy V1341.
Metallovedenie i Termich. Obrab. Metallov, 12, 3-6 [in
4. Krivov, G.A. (1997) Technology of aircraft construction.
Kiev, KVITs [in Russian].
5. Rabkin, D.M., Lozovskaya, A.V., Sklabinskaya, I.E. (1992)
Metals science of welding of aluminium and its alloys. Kiev,
Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
6. Koval, V.A., Labur, T.M., Yavorska, T.R. (2020) Properties of joints of V1341T grade alloy under the conditions of TIG welding. The Paton Welding J., 2, 35-40. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.02.07
7. DSTU ENISO 10042:2015 (ENISO 10042:2005, IDT;
ISO 10042:2005, IDT): Welding - Arc-welded joints in
aluminium and its alloys - Quality levels for imperfections
8. Shamraj, V.F., Gumennikov, A.N., Ovchinnikov, V.V. et al.
(2008) Mechanical and corrosion properties of cold-rolled
sheets of Al-Mn system alloy. Metallovedenie i Termich.
Obrab. Metallov, 3, 28-30 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: