TPWJ, 2020, #7, 23-28 pages
Effect of heat treatment on the structure and mechanical properties of sheet aluminium alloy V1341 and its welded joints produced by TIG welding
T.M. Labur, M.R. Yavorska and V.A. Koval
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper gives the results of studying the effect of various heat treatment operations on the structure and mechanical
properties of the base metal and welded joints of sheet aluminium alloy of V1341 grade 1.2 mm thick, produced by
manual nonconsumable electrode argon-arc welding. The dependence is established between the structural state of
the metal of welded joints of this alloy on the kind of heat treatment that affects the level of strength and ductility. A
significant effect of improvement of the structure and mechanical properties is achieved, when conducting complete
heat treatment, which includes quenching and artificial ageing of the alloy and its joints. Compared to artificial ageing
modes, this kind of heat treatment allows producing a stable metal structure, characterized by smaller dimensions of
phase precipitates and inclusions that promotes increase of the strength level, under the condition of preservation of the
ductility values. 8 Ref., 2 Tables, 4 Figures.
aluminium alloy, manual nonconsumable electrode argon-arc welding, filler wire, welded joints, heat
treatment, structure, mechanical properties, investigations
1. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Labur, T.M. (2013) Welding of modern
structures from aluminium alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in
2. Klochkov, G.G., Grushko, O.E., Popov, V.I. et al. (2001)
Structure, technological properties and weldability of V1341T
alloy sheets of Al−Mg−Cu system. Aviats. Materialy i Tekhnologii,
1, 3−8 [in Russian].
3. Fridlyander, I.N., Grushko, O.E., Sheveleva, L.M. (2004)
Properties of sheets from advanced alloy V1341. Metallovedenie
i Termich. Obrab. Metallov, 12, 3−6 [in Russian].
4. Krivov, G.A. (1997) Technology of aircraft construction.
Kiev, KVITs [in Russian].
5. Rabkin, D.M., Lozovskaya, A.V., Sklabinskaya, I.E. (1992)
Metals science of welding of aluminium and its alloys. Kiev,
Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
6. Koval, V.A., Labur, T.M., Yavorska, T.R. (2020) Properties of joints of V1341T grade alloy under the conditions of TIG welding. The Paton Welding J., 2, 35-40. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.02.07
7. DSTU ENISO 10042:2015 (ENISO 10042:2005, IDT; ISO
10042:2005, IDT): Welding-arc-welded joints in aluminium
and its alloys. Quality levels for imperfections [in Ukrainian].
8. Shamraj, V.F., Gumennikov, A.N., Ovchinnikov, V.V. et al.
(2008) Mechanical and corrosion properties of cold-rolled
sheets of Al−Mn system alloy. Metallovedenie i Termich.
Obrab. Metallov, 3, 28−30 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: