Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #6, 2021, pp. 3-12
Modeling of stressed and strain states of AMg6 alloy due to impact action of indenter-electrode in electrodynamic treatment
L.M. Lobanov1, M.O. Pashchyn1, O.L. Mikhoduj1, P.V. Goncharov1, Yu.M. Sydorenko2, P.R. Ustymenko2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute. 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150 Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 03056, Kyiv, 37 Peremohy Ave, Ukraine.
The calculated model of the process of impact interaction of the indenter-electrode with the plate of aluminum AMg6 alloy
during electrodynamic treatment is presented. The solution of the problem is carried out on the basis of the Prantle-Reiss
relations for the motion of an elastic-plastic medium in a plane two-dimensional Lagrangian formulation using the program
«ANSYS/LS-DYNA». The results of the calculation of the process of forming areas of residual stresses and plastic deformations
under the impact of the indenter are presented. It was found that under the impact of the indenter at a speed of 10 m/s on the
back surface of the plate of AMg6 alloy, the values of plastic deformations are higher than on the back one. This is explained
by the effect of reflection of a plastically deformed layer of metal from the back side of the plate, which stays in the conditions
of resting on a rigid support. An experimental verification of the model adequacy during evaluation of the distribution of plastic
deformations after electrodynamic treatment of a welded plate of AMg6 alloy was performed. 16 Ref., 2 Tabl., 9 Fig.
electrodynamic treatment, aluminum alloy, impact interaction, mathematical modeling, residual stresses, plastic
deformations, electrode-indenter, motion, elastic-plastic medium
1. Masubuchi, K. (1980) Analisis of Welded structures. Pergamon Press.
2. Lashchenko, G.I., Demchenko, Yu.V. (2008) Energy-saving technologies of postwelding treatment of metal structures. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
3. Lobanov, L.M., Pashin, N.A., Mihoduy, O.L., Khokhlova, J.A. (2016) Investigation of residual stress in welded joints of heat-resistant magnesium alloy ML10 after electrodynamic treatment. Journal of Magnesium and Alloys, 4, 77-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jma.2016.04.005
4. Lobanov, L.M., Pashin, N.A., Mihoduy, O.L. (2014) Repair the АМг6 aluminum alloy welded structure by the electric processing method. Weld Research and Application, 1, 55-62.
5. Lobanov, L.M., Pashin, N.A., Mikhodui, O.L., Sidorenko, Yu.M. (2018) Electric Pulse Component Effect on the Stress State of AMg6 Aluminum Alloy Welded Joints Under Electrodynamic Treatment. Strength of Materials, 50, 2, 246-253. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-018-9965-x
6. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Timoshenko, A.N. et al. (2017) Effect of the Electrodynamic Treatment on the Life of AMg6 Aluminum Alloy Weld Joint. Ibid, 49, 2, 234-238. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-017-9862-8
7. Sidorenko, Yu.M., Shlenskii, P.S. (2013) On the Assessment of Stress-strain State of the Load-Bearing Structural Elements in the Tubular Explosion Chamber. Ibid, 45, 2, 210-220. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-013-9450-5
10. Mujzemnek, A.Yu., Bogach, A.A. (2005) Mathematical modeling of shock and explosion processes in LS-DYNA program. In: Manual. Penza, Inform. Izd. Tsentr PGU [in Russian].
11. Babkin, A.V., Kolpakov, V.I., Okhitin, V.N. et al. (2000) Numerical methods in problems of explosion and shock physics. In: Manual for higher educ. instit. Ed. by V.V. Selivanov. Moscow, MGTU, Vol. 3 [in Russian].
12. Rudakov, K.M. (2007) Numerical methods of analysis in dynamics and strength of structures. In: Manual. Kyiv, NTUU KPI [in Ukrainian].
13. Odintsov, V.A., Sidorenko, Yu.M. (2001) Modeling of the explosion process of standard fragmentation cylinder with varying degrees of detail. Oboronnaya Tekhnika, 1-2, 17-20 [in Russian].
14. Lobanov, L.M., Pashin, N.A., Mykhodui, O.L., Sydorenko, Yu.M. (2017) Effect of the Indenting Electrode Impact on the Stress-Strain State of an AMg6 Alloy on Electrodynamic Treatment. Strength of Materials, 49, 3, 369-380. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-017-9877-1
15. Kasatkin, B.S., Prokhorenko, V.M., Chertov, I.M. (1987) Welding stresses and strains. Kiev, Vyshcha Shkola [in Russian].
16. Sydorenko, Y.M., Pashchyn, M.O., Mykhodui, O.L. et al. (2020) Effect of Pulse Current on Residual Stresses in AMg6 Aluminum Alloy in Electrodynamic Treatment. Strength of Materials, 52(5), 731-737. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-020-00226-2
Advertising in this issue: