Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #6, 2021, pp. 39-43
Influence of conditions of welding pool protection by argon on
the properties of welds in tig welding of titanium
V.P. Prilutsky, L.Ye. Yeroshenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute. 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150 Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
A procedure was developed that allows an experimental determination of a correlation between an increased oxygen
concentration in the argon of welding torch, intensity of radiation of atomic oxygen lines OI in the arc and the corresponding
change in the properties of welds in a real-time welding of titanium. It was found that an increase in oxygen content in argon to
0.34 vol. % during violation of the weld protection leads to an increase in the tensile strength of the weld metal by 30% and at
the same time reduction in the ductility by 65%. The proposed procedure can be used to create a database in the development
of systems for predicting operational reliability of welded structures of titanium alloys by quantitative indices of changes in the
characteristics of the weld metal during welding. 9 Ref., 4 Tabl., 8 Fig.
argon arc welding (TIG), VT1-0 titanium alloy, violation of argon protection, gas impurities, prediction of weld
1. DSTU GOST 10157:2019: Gaseous and liquid argon. Specifi
cations (GOST 10157-2016, IDT) [in Ukrainian].
2. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Blashchuk, V.E. et al. (1986)
Metallurgy and technology of welding of titanium and its alloys.
2nd Ed. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
3. Mitra, T.K., Venkataraman, G. (1996) Eff ect of shielding on
the properties titanium welds. WRI J., 17(4), 117–121.
4. Shchipkov, M.D., Zelenova, M.I., Petrov, V.N. (1974) Pressure
treatment and welding. Infl uence of shielding atmosphere
composition on fi nal hydrogen content in weld of 3V
alloy. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
5. Zubretskaya, N.A., Fedin, S.S. (2014) Information processing
systems. Prediction of strength of spot welded joints. Issue
5 (121) [in Ukrainian].
6. Lazorenko, Ya.P., Shapovalov, E.V., Kolyada, V.A. (2011)
Analysis of spectrum of the welding arc light for monitoring
of arc welding (Review). The Paton Welding J., 11, 24–27.
7. Zajdel, A.N., Prokofi ev, V.K., Rajsky, S.M. et al. (1977) Tables
of spectrum lines. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
8. Eroshenko, L.V., Prilutsky, V.P., Zamkov, V.N. (1994) Video
spectrum procedure for investigation of welding arc in argon.
Avtomatich. Svarka, 7-8, 7–9 [in Russian].
9. Kaptsov, N.A. (1950) Electric phenomena in gases and vacuum.
Moscow-Leningrad, Tekh.-Teoretich. Lit-ra [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: