“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper describes the experience of repair welding of service defects in the body of the connecting rod of mobile jaw crusher
Metso lokotrack LT 120, which is a rather rigid honeycomb structure from cast low-alloyed steel of 20GL type with thickness of
external walls of 60 mm and of partitions of not less than 45 mm and more than 5 t weight. It was found that the most signifi cant
defects – fatigue cracks and cleavage which are incompatible with performance, naturally formed near the structural stress raisers,
service damage, caused by contact impact of armour protection, casting defects, as well as in the sites of unsmooth connection
of elements, etc. Crack opening displacement is equal to 2…3 mm that is indicative of the start of shape change of the body and
need for prevention of further operation in such a state. Rigid structure of the connecting rod body and general state of destruction
required special technology of repair welding, which was created and realized by the authors. It included new welding materials,
technological measures and engineering solutions and those verifi ed by our own practical experience of repair of cast structures,
as well as high skill and competence of the welders. Practical importance and eff ectiveness of the performed work on connecting
rod repair was confi rmed by safe operation of the crusher in the design mode for two years. 9 Ref., 3 Tabl., 8 Fig.
Keywords: connecting rod, service defects, design stress raisers, through-thickness cracks, repair-welding technology, rigid
framework, weldability, mechanical peening of welds
1. Kravets, V.G., Terentiev, O.M., Chala, O.M. (2019) Technique and technology of rock processing: Manual. Kyiv, NTUU KPI [in Ukrainian] Electron data.
2. Lashchenko, G.I. (2019) Welding production in the economy of Ukraine. The Paton Welding J., 11, 2-7. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2019.11.01 3. Poznyakov, V.D. (2017) Technologies of welding for production and repair of metal structures from high-strength steels. Visnyk NANU, 1, 64-72 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/visn2017.01.064 4. Poznyakov, V.D., Gajvoronsky, A.A., Zhdanov, S.L., Demchenko, Yu.V. et al. (2004) Restoration of one-piece-cast bases of cone crushers by welding. Svarshchik, 5, 6-9 [in Russian].
5. Volchenok, V.N., Makarov, E.L. (1991) Welding and welded materials: Handbook in 3 Vol. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
6. Gajvoronsky, A.A. (2014) Resistance to cold crack formation of HAZ metal of welded joint on high-strength carbon steels. The Paton Welding J., 2, 2-11. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.02.01 7. Poznyakov, V.D., Gajvoronsky, A.A. (2006) Resistance to delayed fracture of welded joints in repair welding of cast structures from high-strength carbon steels. In: Problems of life and service safety of structures, constructions and machines. Kyiv, PWI, 411-414 [in Ukrainian].
8. Lashchenko, G.I., Demchenko, Yu.V. (2008) Energy saving technologies of postweld treatment of metal structures. Kyiv, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
9. (2013) Renovation technologies of welding and related processes: Lecture notes for students. Comp. by S.M. Getmanets, D.V. Stepanov. Kyiv, NTUU KPI [in Ukrainian].
V.D. Poznyakov, O.A. Gaivoronskyi, Yu.V. Demchenko, A.M. Denysenko, G.V. Zhuk Repair of the body of connecting rod of mobile jaw crusher METSO LOKOTRACK LT 120 Automatic Welding №06 2022 p.23-28
The cost of article: 140 UAH,7 $,7 €. (one article)