Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing, №3, 2017 pp.3-13
C.A. Nedoseka, A. Ya. Nedoseka, L. I. Markashova, O. S. Kushnareva
Accumulation of damages in materials during fracture
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11, Kazimir Malevich str., 03150, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The article deals with regularities of occurrence and propagation of damages in materials during their deformation. As an example, the change in the structure of the specimen of steel 12Kh1MF under tension is considered in detail. It is shown that the process of accumulation of damages begins with occurrence of plastic deformations, stimulating an intensive movement and clustering of dislocations. Further, micro-discontinuities are formed, gradually transforming into pores, which propagate and join into larger formations. The process of damage appearance is well enough registered by applying the existing technology based on the acoustic emission method. This allows establishing the beginning of damages formation and their propagation up to the fracture. The analytical part of the technology makes it possible to plot the model of accumulation of damages and fracture. 20 – Ref., 1 – Table, 13 – Fig.
Key words: acoustic emission, plastic deformation, structure, pores, accumulation of damages
- Nedoseka A. Ya, Nedoseka S. A., Markashova L. I., et al. (2016) On identification of structural changes in materialsat fracture by acoustic emission data. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 9-13 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.04.01
- Lebedev, A.A., Chausov, N.G. (1988) Express-method of evaluation of crack resistance of ductile materials. Kiev, AN Ukr. SSR [in Russian].
- Skalsky, V. R. (2003) Evaluation of accumulation of volume damage of solids by acoustic emission signals. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 29-36 [in Ukrainian].
- Balderston, H.L. (1971) The broad range detection of incipient failure using the acoustic emission phenomena. In: Proc. of Symposium presented at the December Committee Week American Society for Testing and Materials (Bal Harbour, 1971, 7-8 December), 297-317.
- Stone, D.E., Dingwall, P.F. (1977) Acoustic emission parameters and their interpretation. NDT Internat., 10, 51-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-9126(77)90079-7
- Gillis, P.P. (1971) Dislocation motions and acoustic emission. In: Proc. of Symposium presented at the Committee Week American Society for Testing and Materials (Bal Harbour, 1971, 7-8 December), pp. 20-29.
- Tetelman, A.S., Chow, R. (1971) Acoustic emission testing and microcracking processes. Ibid., 30-40.
- Nedoseka, S.A., Boginich, I.O. (1995) Application of EMA systems for evaluation of damage of steel 20 by acoustic method. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 66-69 [in Russian].
- Lebedev, A.A., Chausov, N.G., Nedoseka, S.A. et al. (1995) Model of damage accumulation in metallic materials under static tension. Problemy Prochnosti, 7, 31-40 [in Russian].
- Lebedev, A.A., Chausov, N.G., Boginich, I.O. et al. (1996) Complex evaluation of damage of material at plastic deformation. Ibid., 5, 23-30 [in Russian].
- Veksler, E.Ya., Zamekula, I.V., Tolstov, V.Yu. et al. (2010) Technology of diagnostics and assessment of residual life of high-pressure steam pipelines of thermal power plants by the level of metal microdamage. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 23-31 [in Russian].
- Veksler, E.Ya., Zaplotinsky, I.V., Zamekula, I.V. et. al. (2007) Technical diagnostics of pipe system of high pressure heaters of reactors of 100-300 MW during long-term operation. Ibid., 2, 17-20 [in Russian].
- Strizhalo, V.O., Stasyuk, S.Z. (2015) Expert evaluation of technical condition of process piping with hydrogen-containing media. Ibid., 4, 7-13[in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2015.04.01
- Nedoseka, S.A. (1998) Object approach to solution of the problems of discontinuous media mechanics and prediction of state of materials. Ibid., 1, 13-21 [in Russian].
- Lebedev, A.A., Chausov, N.G., Nedoseka, S.A. et al. (2000) Modeling of the process of damage accumulation in deformable material by its acoustic properties. Vestnik Sevastopolskogo Gos. Universiteta [in Russian].
- Lebedev, A.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Chausov, N.G., et al. (2001) Evaluation of metal damage of operational gas pipelines by AE scanning. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 8-12 [in Russian].
- Lebedev, A.A., Muzyka, N.R., Volchek, N.L. (2003) Control of current state of pipe metal of operational gas pipelines. Method of investigation and results. Problemy Prochnosti, 2, 29-36 [in Russian].
- Lebedev, A.A., Nedoseka, S.A., Muzyka, N.R. et al. (2003) Evaluation of pipe metal state after long-term operation in a system of main gas pipelines. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 3-8 [in Russian].
- Chausov, N.G., Nedoseka, S.A., Pilipenko, A.P. (2004) Complex evaluation of damage of plastic materials under different loading modes. Ibid., 3, 16-21 [in Russian].
- Nedoseka, S.A. (2007) Forecasting the fracture by the data of acoustic emission. Ibid., 2, 3-9 [in Russian].
- Nedoseka, S.A. (2008) Evaluation of damage accumulation and prediction of fracture by AE data. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Welding and Related Technologies into the Third Millenium (24-26 November 2008, Kiev, Ukraine), PWI.
- Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A,Ya. (2005) Diagnostic systems of EMA series. Main principles and architectural features (Review). Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 20-26 [in Russian].
- Nedoseka, A. Ya., Nedoseka, S. A., Yaremenko, M. A. et al. (2013) Software of AE diagnostic systems EMA-3.9. Ibid., 3, 16-22 [in Russian].