Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing, №3, 2017 pp. 40-48
Diagnostics of defectiveness of structural elements, manufactured of metal and composite materials with protective coating, applying method of electron shearography
L. M. Lobanov1, V. A. Znova2, V. A. Pivtorak1, I. V. Kyianets1
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich str., 03150, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
SE «Antonov», 1, Akademika Tupoleva str., 03062, Kiev, Ukraine. Е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The technology of non-destructive testing of defectiveness of structural elements manufactured of metal and composite materials with a protective coating is presented. The technology is based on using the method of electron shearography in combination with thermal method of loading the object under examination. The effectiveness of the applied technology is shown in detection of damages of deposition of different types of coating on the surface of the objects under examination (of flat and complex shape) both on test specimens, as well as on full-scale structural elements (panels and turbine blades). 18 – Ref., 10 – Fig.
Key words: non-destructive quality control, diagnostics of structures, coating, electron shearography
1. (2001) Nondestructive testing and technical diagnostics. Ed. by Z.T. Nazarchuk. Lviv, Fiz.-Mekh. Inst. [in Ukrainian].
2. Nedoseka, A.Ya. (2001) Fundamentals of calculation and diagnostics of welded structures. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Kniga [in Russian].
3. Jones, R., Wykes, K. (1986) Holographic and speckle interferometry. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
4. (2000) Trends in optical non-destructive testing and inspection. Ed. by P.K. Rastorgi, D. Inaudi. Oxford, Elsevier Science B.V.
5. Leendentz, J.A., Butters, J.N. (1973) An image – shearing speckle – pattern interferometer for measuring bending moments. J. Phys. E.: Sci. Instrum., 6.
6. Hung, Y.Y., Tailor, C.E. (1974) A speckle-shearing interferometer: a tool for measuring derivatives of surface displacement. Exp. Mech., 4. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-4018(74)90200-4
7. Hung, Y.Y., Ho, H.P. (2005) Shearography: an optical measurement technique and applications. Materials Sci. and Eng., 49, 61-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mser.2005.04.001
8. Collrep, J., Krupka, R., Siebert, T. (2007) Industrial applications of shearography for inspection of aircraft components. NDT World Review, 36(6), 28-31.
9. Lobanov, L. M., Pivtorak, V. A., Savitskaya, E. M. et al. (2004) Diagnostics of elements and assemblies of structures using the method of electron shearography. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 25-28 [in Russian].
10. Feng, H.J., Zhang, J., Liu, X.K. (2012) Studies on digital shearography for testing of aircraft composite structures and honeycomb-based specimen. Appl. Mech. Mater., 121-126, 1264-1268.
11. Wu, S.J., Zhu, L.Q., Feng, Q.B. et al. (2012) Digital shearography with in situ phase shift calibration. Opt. Laser Eng., 50, 1260-1266. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2012.03.011
12. Xie, X., Xu, N., Sun, J.F. et al. (2013) Simultaneous measurement of deformation and the first derivative with spatial phase-shift digital shearography. Opt. Commun., 286, 277-281. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2012.08.072
13. Lobanov, L. M., Znova, V. A., Pivtorak, V. A. et al. (2014) Technology of non-destructive testing of the quality of elements and components of aircraft structures by electronic shearography. Tekhn. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 15-18 [in Russian].
14. Dobrydenko, O.M., Sklyar, O.I., Turchyn, V.M. et al. (2012) Analysis of existing composite materials and evaluation of their appication in structures of FV airframes of military aviation of Ukraine. In: Transact. of State Research Institute of Aviation, 15, 146-152 [in Ukrainian].
15. Fahr, A. (2014) Aeronautical applications of non-destructive testing. Canada.
16. Genest, M., Brothers, M., LeBlanc, R. et al. (2010) NDE of composite structures using ultrasonic, thermography and laser shearography. In: Proc. of SAMPE Conf. (Seattle, WA, May 17-20).
17. Genest, M., Rutledge, R.S., Koteri, R. et al. (2011) Pulsed thermography and laser shearography for damage growth monitoring. In: Proc. of Int. Workshop on Smart Materials, Structures & NDT in Aerospace (Montreal, Quebec, Canada, November 2-4)