Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №1, 2018, pp. 53-58
Metrology and instrumentation for operative complex examination of underground pipelines
R. M. Jala, B. Ya. Verbenets, M. I. Melnik, O. M. Semenyuk, O. O. Chevinka
G.V. Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 5 Naukova str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine
A method for operative examination and determination of the parameters of anticorrosion protection of underground steel pipelines with an insulation coating by a set of contactless measurements of currents and contact electrometry was developed. New possibilities are shown for determination of the distribution of cathodic protection current density and specific contact resistance in underground pipeline sections in operation. Circuits and functional capabilities of the developed instrumentation with electronic memory for measurement of constant and variable potentials of the electric field, and contactless measurements of currents and their application examples are shown.
Keywords: underground pipelines, nondestructive testing of anticorrosion protection, contactless examination method, cathodic protection current density, contact resistance of insulation coating, electric potentials, measuring instrumentation
- Dzhala, R.M. (2009) Basics of inspection and control of corrosion state of underground pipelines. Mechanics of fracture and strength of materials. In: Refer. book. Ed. by V.V. Panasyuk, Vol. 11. Lviv, Spolom, 143-184 [in Ukrainian].
- DSTU 4219-2003: Steel main pipelines. General requirements to corrosion protection [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhala, R.M., Verbenets, B.Ya. (2011) Electromagnetic method and procedures of nondestructive inspection of the corrosion protection of underground pipelines. Materials Sci., 47(2), 245-254.
- Dzhala, R., Verbenets, B., Dzhala, V. (2010) Control of corrosion protection of main pipelines based on contactless current measurements. FKhMM, 8(2), 615-619 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhala, R.M. (2011) Method for determination of current density of corrosion protection in section of underground pipeline. Pat. UA 94798, Int. Cl. GO1R 19/08, C23F 13/02 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhala, R.M., Savula, S.F., Verbenets, B.Ya. et al. (2009) Technology of inspections of underground pipelines based on contactless current measurements. Metody ta Prylady Kontrolyu Yakosti, 22, 22-27 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhala, R.M., Verbenets, B.Ya., Vynnyk, O.J. (2011) Control of corrosion protection of underground pipelines by contactless method. Rozvidka ta Rozrobka Naftovykh i Gazovykh Rodovyshch, 4(41), 21-25 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhala, R.M., Dykmarova, L.P., Verbenets, B.Ya., Khlypnyach, P.M. (2006) Contactless method and instrumentation for operative inspections of underground pipelines. In: Problems of resource and safety operation of structures, constructions and machines: Transact. Kyiv, PWI, 57-61 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhala, R.M., Verbenets, B.Ya., Vynnyk, O.J. (2012) Basics, state-of-the-art and prospects of application of contactless inspection methods and corrosion protection control of underground pipelines. Actual problems of nondestructive testing for pipeline transport and other critical facilities. Kyiv, PWI, PAT Ukrtransgaz, 73-74 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhala, R., Verbenets, B., Vynnyk, O. (2011) Proposition for changes and supplements to DSTU 4219-2003: Steel main pipelines. General requirements for corrosion protection. Lviv, PMI [in Ukrainian].