Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #2, 2019, pp. 30-36
Comparison of the sensitivity of models of conventional and differential capacitive transducers within humanitarian demining task
S.A. Ovcharuk, V.G. Bazhenov
NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 37 Peremohy Prosp., 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper deals with the state-of-the-art of the problem of humanitarian demining of explosive charges and devices with minimum or no metal content, the essence and potential applications of electric capacitance method in this field, advantages of application of differential capacitive transducers. Results of computer modeling of comparison of sensitivity of a number of differential and conventional capacitive transducers to availability of non-uniformity in the form of a model of a mine in the scanned space area are presented and analyzed. 20 Ref., 11 Fig.
Keywords: electric capacitance method, differential capacitive transducer, computer modeling, humanitarian demining
1. Cardona, L., Jimenez, J., Vanegas, N. (2013) Landmine Detection Technologies to Face the Demining Problem in Antioquia. Dyna, 81, 115-125. https://doi.org/10.15446/dyna.v81n183.37441
2. Tesfamariam G., Mali D. (2012) GPR Technologies for Landmine Detection. International Journal of Computing Science and Communication Technologies, 5, 1, 768-774.
3. Diamond G.G., Hutchins D.A. (2006) A new capacitive imaging technique for NDT. Proceedings of European Conference on NDT, Berlin, Germany, pp. 1-8.
4. Yin X., Hutchins D.A. (2010). Capacitive imaging technique for NDE. Presented in the 37th Annual Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation (QNDE) conference, San Diego, US, pp. 18-23.
5. Liu, Z., Liu, H. (2017). Experimenting Capacitive Sensing Technique for Structural Integrity Assessment. Industrial Technology (ICIT) IEEE International conference, At Toronto, ON, Canada. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIT.2017.7915483
6. Xiaohui Hu Wuqiang Yang (2010). Planar capacitive sensors - designs and applications. Sensor Review, 30, 1, 24-39. https://doi.org/10.1108/02602281011010772
7. Ye, Z., Banasiak, R., Soleimani, M. (2013). Planar array 3D electrical capacitive tomography. Insight, 55(12), 675-680 https://doi.org/10.1784/insi.2012.55.12.675
8. Bazhenov, V.G., Ivitska, D.K., Gruzin, S.V. (2013) Improved electrostatic method of nondestructive testing. Metody ta Prylady Kontrolyu Yakosti, 2(31), 26-28 [in Ukrainian].
9. Bazhenov, V.G., Ivitska, D.K., Ovcharuk, S.A., Munenko, V.L. (2015) Electrostatic amplitude-phase method of nondestructive testing. Ukraine Pat. 109357, Int. Cl. G 01 B 7/00, G 01 N 27/22, No. 201404947 [in Ukrainian].
10. Bazhenov, V.G., Ivitska, D.K., Ovcharuk, S.A., Gruzin, S.V. (1016) Electrostatic one-channel amplitude-phase method of nondestructive testing. Ukraine Pat. 112917, Int. Cl. G 01 B 7/00, G 01 B 7/287, G 01 N 27/22, No. а201502540 [in Ukrainian].
11. Bazhenov, V.G., Ivitska, D.K. (2016) Electrostatic amplitude-phase method of nondestructive testing with improved noise immunity. In: Proc. of 8th National Sci.-Techn. Conf. and Exhibition on Nondestructive Testing and Techn. Diagnostics. Kyiv, 2016 [in Ukrainian].
12. Ivitskiy I., Sivetskiy V., Bazhenov V., Ivitska D. (2017) Modeling the electrostatic control over depth of the introduction of intelligent sensors into a polymer composite material. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1, 5(85), 4-9. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.91659
13. Bazhenov V., Protasov A., Ivitskiy I., Ivitska D. (2017) Simulation of nanomodified polymers testing by the electric capacitive method. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4, 5(88), 4-9. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.108460
14. Bazhenov, V.G., Ivitska, D.K. (2015) Primary transducers for realization of electrostatic method of nondestructive testing of products. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Instrument Engineering - 2015, 47-48.
15. Bazhenov V., Ivitska D., Ivitskiy І.I. (2017) Transducers for realization of the electrostatic method of non-destructive testing of functional polymers. NDT DAYS 2017. Sozopol, pp. 128-129.
16. Bazhenov V., Ivitska D.K. (2017) Peculiarities of realization of electrostatic amplitude-phase method of nondestructive testing. In: Proc. of 16th Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Instrument Engineering: State of the Art and Perspectives. Kyiv, NTUU KPI [in Ukrainian].
17. Tholin-Chittenden, C., Soleimani, M. (2016) Planar Array ECT Sensor Design Optimisation. Materials of 8th World Congress on Industrial Process Tomography, At Iguassu Falls, Brazil.
18. Tholin-Chittenden, C., Soleimani, M. (2017) Planar Array Capacitive Imaging Sensor Design Optimisation. IEEE Sensors Journal, 99, 1558-1748.
19. (2002). Project Mimeva, Study of Generic Mine-Like Objects for R&D in Systems for Humanitarian Demining - Final Report. Ispra.
20. Topp, G.C., Davis J.L., Annan A.P. (1980). Electromagnetic determination of soil water content: Measurements in coaxial transmission lines. Water Resources Research, 16, 574-582. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR016i003p00574