Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #2, 2019, pp. 23-29
Measurement of temperature and diameter of a heated item section
NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 37 Peremohy Prosp., 03056, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
During high-temperature manufacture or treatment of a cylindrical item, it is necessary to obtain information about its energy and geometrical parameters. Application of optical and digital image processing methods will be the most successful solution to achieve the set goal. Optical methods, which are based on the laws of geometrical optics, refraction, interference and diffraction, allow measuring the required parameters with a high accuracy that enables improving the manufactured item quality. The paper describes the mathematical model and design of an optical device for conducting the procedures of measurement of the diameter and temperature with a high accuracy. These methods allow controlling the diameter and temperature on a defocused image. The results of development of the optical device are tied to the mathematical model of dieless drawing of wire, as one of the high-temperature processes. The results of device calibration by temperature showed some advantages of application of the proposed contactless method over the contact one – a thermometer with a thermocouple. An approach is proposed for measurement of surface temperature of an item, moving at a certain speed, which is equal to that of image forming speed. This approach is based on the methods of digital image processing. 21 Ref., 6 Fig.
Keywords: nondestructive testing, optics, diffraction, temperature, diameter, shape-memory effect, production process.
1. Lemeshko, Yu.A., Chuguj, Yu.V. (2005) Diffraction method of measurement of circular reflecting cylinder diameters. Avtometriya, 41(6), 3-12 [in Russian].
2. Fedorov, M.E. (2005) Optical laser diffraction transducer for measuring single-wire electric cable eccentricity. IOP conference series: Materials and Sci. and Engineering, 81, 012074. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/81/1/012074
3. Khodier, S.A. (2004) Measurement of wire diameter by optical diffraction. Optics & Laser Technology, 36, 63-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0030-3992(03)00134-8
4. Porev, V.A., Porev, G.V. (2014) Compensation of systematic error of measurement of melting zone surface temperature. Izvestiya Akademii Inzhenernykh Nauk A.M. Prokhorova, 2, 52-56 [in Russian].
5. Porev, V.A. (2013) Control of temperature mode of electron beam crucible-less zone melting of silicon. Metody ta Prylady Kontrolyu Yakosti, 1(30), 108-113 [in Ukrainian].
6. Yakymenko, Yu.I., Porev, G.V., Porev, V.A. (2003) Improvement of methods and means of measurement of parameters of electron beam crucible-less zone melting. Ibid., 11, 71-77 [in Ukrainian].
7. Porev, V.A., Tomashuk, A.S. (2017) Control of parameters of heated wire in process of drawing. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 52-55. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2017.04.08
8. He, Y., Liu, X., Qin, F., Xie, J. (2012) Rectifying control of wire diameter during dieless drawing by a deformation measuring method of interframe displacement. Int. J. of Minerals, Metallurgy and Materials, 19(7), 615-621. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12613-012-0603-5
9. Supriadi, S., Furushima, T., Manabe, K. (2013) Real-time monitoring system of dieless bellows forming using machine vision. Advanced Materials Research, 789, 429-435. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.789.429
10. Mashiwa, N., Furushima, T., Manabe, K. (2017) Novel non-contact evaluation of strain distribution using digital image correlation with laser speckle pattern of low carbon steel sheet. Procedia Engineering, 184, 16-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.04.065
11. Milenin, A., Kustra, P., Du, P. et al. (2018) Computer aided design of the laser dieless drawing process of tubes from magnesium alloy with take into account ductility of the material. Procedia Manufacturing, 15, 302-310. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2018.07.223
12. Jafari, H. (2013) Thermo-mechanical investigation of die-less wiredrawing process. University of British Columbia.
13. Tomashuk, A., Sulima, O., Porev, V. (2018) Control of three main parameters of the wire in the four-dimensional printing process. In: Proc. of 12th Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. of Undergraduates and Postgraduates. Pt 1. Kharkov, KhPI, 140-141.
14. Tikhonov, A.S., Gerasimov, A.P., Prokhorova, I.I. (1981) Application of shape memory effect in modern mechanical engineering. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
15. Ferreira, M.A., Luersen, M.A., Borges, P.C. (2012) Nickel-titanium alloys: A systematic review. Dental press. J. of Orthodontics, 17(3), 71-82. https://doi.org/10.1590/S2176-94512012000300016
16. Tomashuk, A. (2018) Device for monitoring the temperature and diameter of an extended cylindrical object in the high-temperature manufacturing process. IOP Conference Series: Materials Sci. and Engineering, 450, 032018. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/450/3/032018
17. Landsberg, G.S. (2003) Optics. Moscow, FIZMATLIT [ in Russian].
18. Porev, V.A. (2002) Television pyrometry. Kyiv, AVERS [in Ukrainian].
19. Porev, V.A., Tomashuk, O.S. (2015) Additional errors of temperature measurement in television pyrometry. In: Methods and equipment for quality control. Ivano-Frankivsk, NTU NG, 2(35), 12-16 [in Ukrainian].
20. Gulyaev, I.P., Dolmatov, A.V. (2018) Spectral brightness pyrometry: Radiometric measurements of non-uniform temperature distributions. Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 116, 1016-1025. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2017.09.084
21. Gonsales, R.S., Vuds, R.S. (2012) Digital image processing. Moscow, Tekhnosfera [in Russian].