Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #2, 2019, pp. 18-22
Investigation of the sensitivity of output parameters of X-ray television system to the change of input parameters
NTUU «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 37 Peremohy Prosp., 03056, Kyiv, Ukaine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Analysis of the sensitivity of output parameters of X-ray television system of indirect transformation: signal/noise ratio, output signal and quantum detection efficiency to the change of input parameters was performed, using the mathematical model of such a system. The influence of instability of power supply to X-ray tube on output calculation result was analyzed. The group of input parameters of the model was determined, the uncertainty of which has the strongest effect on output signal of X-ray television system. 10 Ref., 2 Tabl., 2 Fig.
Keywords: digital radiography, X-ray television system, X-ray screen, signal/noise ratio, quantum detection efficiency, model parameters, parameter uncertainty
1. Usachev, E.Yu., Usachev, V.E., Gnedin, M.M. et al. (2014) Digital radiography system for revision of welded joints of pipelines in operation. Kontrol. Diagnostika, 6, 60-64 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.14489/td.2014.06.pp.060-064
2. Troitskii, V.A. Mikhailov, S.R., Pastovenskii, R.A., Shilo, D.S. (2015) Modern systems of radiation non-destructive testing. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 23-35 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2015.01.03
3. Mikhailov, S.R. (2002) Modeling of schadow X-ray image of the controlled object in roentgenoscopic systems of nondestructive testing. Elektronika i Svyaz, 16, 59-70 [in Russian].
4. Shilo, D.S. (2015) Modeling of processes of forming the digital X-ray image. Ibid., 6, 34-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.20535/2312-1807.2015.20.6.52798
5. Shilo, D.S., Mikailov, S.R., Pisarenko, L.D. (2016) Quantum efficiency of detection of digital cineradiography systems based on scintillation screens and CCD matrices. Nerazrush. Kontrol i Diagnostika, 4, 25-38 [in Russian].
6. Troitskii, V.A., Mikhaylov, S.R., Shylo, D.S. (2017) Modelling of X-ray images of digital X-ray-TW system based on scintillation screen and CCD matrix. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 17-22 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2017.02.03
7. Viswanathan, K. (2018) XRaySim user manual. http://xraysim.sourceforge.net/index.htm. [Accessed 30 May 2018].
8. Duvauchelle, P., Freud, N., Kaftandjian, V., Babot, D. (2000) A computer code to simulate X-ray imaging techniques. NUCL INSTRUM METH B, 170, 245-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-583X(00)00185-3
9. Lazos, D., Bliznakova, K., Kolitsi, Z.Z., Pallikarak, N. (2003) An integrated research tool for X-ray imaging simulation. Comput. Meth. Prog. Bio., 70, 241-251. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2607(02)00015-9
10. Kengyelics, S.M., Laura, L.A., Treadgold, A., Davies A.G. (2018) X-ray system simulation software tools for radiology and radiography education. Comput. Biol. Med., 93, 175-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compbiomed.2017.12.005