Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #2, 2019, pp. 51-57
Sensitivity of ultrasonic testing by electromagneto-acoustic technique at detection of natural internal defects of metal products. Possibilities of thickness measurement. (Review p. 3)
G.M. Suchkov, O.N. Petrishchev, S.Yu. Plesnetsov
National Technical University «Kharkov Polytechnic Institute». 2 Kirpichev Str., Kharkiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper provides analysis of information sources, giving data on sensitivity of ultrasonic non-destructive testing at detection of natural internal defects of metal products by instruments and devices with electromagneto-acoustic transducers. It is found that electromagneto-acoustic devices differ advantageously from the traditional ones in that they ensure effective detection of defects not generating reflected signals, having small dimensions and unfavourable orientation relative to the direction of ultrasonic pulse propagation. New electromagnetoacoustic transducers enable performance of thickness measurement with air gaps or dielectric coatings of up to 10 mm size. 13 Ref., 14 Fig.
Keywords: metal product, quality, electromagneto-acoustic, transducer, flaw detection, testing sensitivity, thickness measurement
1. Suchkov, G.M., Plesnetsov, S.Yu. (2018) Sensitivity of testing via electromagnetic-acoustic transducers (Review, р. 1). Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 45-50 DOI:10.15407/tdnk2018.04.06 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.04.06
2. Suchkov, G.M., Petrishchev, O.N., Plesnetsov, S.Yu. (2019) About the sensitivity of ultrasonic testing by surface waves excited and received by electromagnetic-acoustic transducers (Review, р. 2). Ibid., 1, 47-52, DOI:10.15407/tdnk2019.01.06 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2019.01.06
3. High-efficient ultrasonic testing for machine-building. Control of roll sheets in shipbuilding. http://aprioris.ru/about/blog/vysokojeffektivnyj-ultrazvukovoj-dlja-mashinostroenija.html
4. (2000) Classification and catalogue of defects and damage of elements of switches and rails in railways of Ukraine. Dnipropetrovsk, Art-Pres [in Ukrainian],
5. (1983) ТU 14-2-584-84: Railway rails non heat-treated and surface hardened, tested by ultrasonic method in the zone limited by web thickness. Kharkov, UkrNIIMet [in Russian].
6. (1983) ТU 14-2-542-83: Bulk-hardened rails tested by ultrasonic electromagneto-acoustic method in the zone limited by web thickness. Kharkov, UkrNIIMet [in Russian].
7. Suchkov, G.M. (1988) Development and implementation of the technology of continuous automatic detection of macrostructure defects in bulk-hardened rails by contact-less ultrasonic method. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kharkov, UkrNIIMet [in Russian].
8. Sebko, V.P., Suchkov, G.M., Malakhov, A.V. (2004) Ultrasonic testing of rail heads by EMA method. Defektoskopiya, 7, 17-25 [in Russian].
9. Suchkov, G.M., Alekseev, E.A., Zakharenko, V.V. (2006) Energy- and resources-saving instruments and non-destructive testing technologies. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 29-34 [in Russian].
10. Suchkov, G.M., Katasonov, Yu.A., Garkavyi, V.V. (2000) Experimental investigations of sensitivity of EMA transducers in flaw detection by shear body wave echo method. Defektoskopiya, 2, 12-16 [in Russian].
11. Suchkov, G.M., Mikhajlova, I.V., Savon, A.I., Ganzhala, A.G. (2001) Examination of discontinuities in sheets. Ibid., 3, 83-87 [in Russian].
12. Serkov, A., Breslavets, V., Tolkachov, M., Churyumov, Issam Saad G. (2017) Noise-like signals in wireless information transmission systems. Advanced Information Systems, 2(1), 33-38. https://doi.org/10.20998/2522-9052.2017.2.06
13. Desyatnichenko, O.V. (2015) Electromagnetic-acoustic thickness gauge for control of metal products with dielectric coatings. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kharkiv, Modelist [in Ukrainian].