“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
G.V. Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 5 Naukova str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: The paper deals with the features of measurement of the velocity of surface acoustic waves, using a contact transducer, in which the exciting and receiving parts are rigidly coupled. A new procedure is proposed for velocity measurement by such a transducer, using a reference sample. Measurement of surface wave velocity in steel samples was performed. The velocity in these samples was also measured, using laser ultrasonic technology for testing the new method. The effectiveness of the proposed procedure application is shown. 12 Ref., 5 Fig.
Keywords: surface acoustic waves: velocity measurement, transducer
1. Nazarchuk, Z.T., Skalskii, V.R. (2009) Acoustic emission diagnostics of structure elements. Vol. 1. Kyiv, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Muraviov, V.V., Zuev, L.B., Komarov, K.L. (1996) Sound velocity and structure of steels and alloys. Novosibirsk, Nauka [in Russian].
3. Kumar, A., Choudhary, B.K., Laha, K. et al. (2003) Characterisation of microstructure in 9 % chromium ferritic steels using ultrasonic measurement. Transact. of the Indian Inst. of Metals, 56, 483-497.
4. Bobrenko, V.M., Vangeli, M.S., Kutsenko, A.N. (1981) Acoustic strain gauge measurement (theory and practice). Kishinyov, Shtiintsa [in Russian].
5. Skalskii, V.R., Mokrii, O.M. (2018) Evaluation of damage level in ferritic-pearlitic steels by the value of the change of longitudinal acoustic wave velocity. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 3-7 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.01 6. Akhshik, S., Ahmadi, M. (2006) Ultrasonic non-destructive evaluation of stress around the tip of a crack. In: Proc of Asia-Pacific Conf. on NDT. (Nov. 5-10, 2006, Auckland, New Zealand), 1-8.
7. Viktorov, I.A. (1981) Surface acoustic waves in solids. Moscow, Nauka [ in Russian].
8. Gasteau, D. et al. (2016) Single crystal elastic constants evaluated with surface acoustic waves generated and detected by lasers within polycrystalline steel samples. J. Appl. Phys., 119, 043103. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4940367 9. Li, D., Zhao, P., Gunning, N. et al. (2014) Measurement of surface acoustic wave velocity using phase shift mask and application on thin film of thermoelectric material. APS Meeting Abstracts. 29
10. Skalskii, V.R., Mokrii, O.M. (2018) Procedure for determination of the distribution of surface acoustic wave velocity on steel surface sample. Metody ta Prylady Kontrolyu Yakosti 1(40), 22-29 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.01 11. Wagner, J.W. (1990) Optical detection of ultrasound in physical acoustics. Ultrasonic Measurement Methods, Vol.. XIX. Boston, Academic Press. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-477919-8.50011-X 12. Murfin, A.S., Soden, R. A. J., Hatrick, D., Dewhurst, R.J. (2000) Laser-ultrasound detection systems: A comparative study with Rayleigh waves. Measurement Sci. and Technol., 11, 1208-1219. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/11/8/315