Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #1, 2020, pp. 28-36
Prospects for radiation control of main pipelines and other complex structures
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Shown in the possibility of autonomous movement of X-ray units and solid-state radioscopic transducers on magnetic platforms, which
makes nondestructive radiation testing more informative. Described are the principles of construction of new technologies for quality
control of welded joints in complex metal structures and main pipelines, which can be successfully transferred to critical tubes of
thermal and nuclear power stations. Replacement of film radiography by portable radioscopy (X-Ray-TV), using mobile CCD-detector
will widen the area of flaw detection application in industry. Examples of manufacture and application of radioscopic detectors are
given, the cost of which is by an order of magnitude lower than that of standard plane-parallel transducers. 21 Ref., 15 Fig.
Keywords: radiation filmlesss control, circumferential welds, pipelines, magnetic platform, radioscopic transducer, CCD-matrix,
Wi-Fi, video camera, plane-parallel and miniature transducers
1. Troitskyi, V.A., Karmanov, M.N., Shalaev, V.A. Portable
X-Ray TV system based on solid-state transducer. In: Proc.
of Conf. UkrNDT-2019 [in Ukrainian].
2. Troitskyi, V.O., Mykhailov, S.R. et al. Patent for utility model
of «Device for X-Ray-TV Control», № 135146 of 25.06.2019,
Bul. 12 [in Ukrainian].
3. Troitskyi, V.A. (2015) Development of radiation control of
welded joints. Territoriya NDT, 3, 38–43 [in Russian].
4. Dilrr NDT GmbH and Co. KG. URL: http://duerr-ndt.de/ru/
product Panels NDT. html.
5. Usachev, E.Yu., Valikov, V.V. et al. (2014) Digital
radiography complex for revision of pipeline welded joints.
Kontrol. Diagnostika, 6, 60–64 [in Russian].
6. Sosnin F.R. (2008) Nondestructive testing: Refer. Book,
In 8 Vol. Ed. By V.I. Kluev. Vol. 1.: Visual and measuring
control. Book 2: Radiation Control. 2nd Ed. Moscow,
Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
7. Troitskyi, V.A. (2013) Flash radiography. Territoriya NDT,
4, 44–49 [in Russian].
8. Majorov, A.A. (2009) Digital technologies in radiation control.
V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 3, 5–12 [in Russian].
9. Troitskii, V.A., Mikhajlov, S.R., Pastovenskii, R.O., Shilo, D.S. (2015) Modern systems of radiation non-destructive testing. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 23-35 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2015.01.03
10. Grudskii, A.Ya., Velichko, V.Ya. (2011) Digitizing of radiographic images - it is not very simple. V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 4, 74-76 [In Russian].
11. Varlamov, A.N. (2007) Experience of field operation of digitial radiography complex. Ibid, 1(35), 4-9 [in Russian].
12. Majorov, A.A. (2007) X-Ray TV technique in industrial NDT. Ibid., 1(35), 4-9 [in Russian].
13. Yatsenko, S.Ya., Kokorovets, Yu.Ya., Lozenko, A.P. et al. (2015) «Polyscan» X-Ray TV systems. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazruch. Kontrol, 1, 60-62 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2015.01.08
14. Troitskii, V.A., Mikhajlov, S.R., Bukhensky, V.N. et al.
(2014) Flash-radiography of NPS facilities based on planeparallel
detectors. NK-inform, 3(63), 6–14.
15. Tsvetkova, N.K., Novitskaya, K.A., Kologov, A.V., Smirnov,
V.G. (2014) Features of application of digitial radiography
complexes at nondestructive testing of housing parts production.
Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 7, 47–50 [in Russian].
16. Troitskiy, V.A. ? Quik industrial X-ray testing without
intermediate data carriers of information, ASNT. The NDT
Technician, 15, 4.
17. Troitskiy, V.A. (2016) Perspective of development of
radiation testing of welded joints. In: Proc. of 19th WCN DT2016, Munich, Germany.
18. Troitskiy, V.A. (2018) Digital radiographic systems for NDT
of welding joints. In: Proc. of 12th Europ. Conf. (Cothenburd
– 2018, Jone), pp. 11–15.
19. Troitskiy V.A. (2018) Industial X-ray testing without
intermediate data carriers of information. Poland, Badanja
Nieniszczace Diagnostyka, 2, 29–34.
20. Troitskii V.A. (ed.) (2018) Flaw detection of the XXI century.
Main directions of PWI activities on development of NDT
technologies. Kiev, PWI [in Russian].
21. Troitskii, V.A., Mikhailov, S.R. et al. (2019) Highly-sensitive
X-Ray TV systems based on the X-Ray shields and CCDcameras
with image accumulation. Tekh. Diagnost. i
Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 41–46 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: