Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #2, 2020, pp. 49-57
Investigation of the influence of risk sources on technical safety of welded structures in operation with application of nondestructive testing and technical diagnostics
Yu.K. Bondarenko, O.V. Kovalchuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU, 11 Kazymyr Malevych, Kyiv, 03150. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In keeping with mandatory requirements of technical procedures to technical documents for critical products of welding
fabrication, the technical documentation should allow assessment of product compliance with regulatory requirements and
should include a description of performance and results of proper analysis and assessment of risk (risks). At present there is no
reliable method for assessing the welded structure risk. The paper identifies the features of risk occurrence during the product
life cycle. The algorithm of occurrence of components of risk in welded structure operation, which is the aggregate of both the
risks connected with deviations of the processes of design, manufacture, and operation (in other words, those connected with
the processes of product life cycle), and the risks associated with dangers, which arise from impacts on the structures and the
probability of the structure operation outside its application limits. It is noted that the risk in operation is the probability that
the structure will reach the limit state during the specified period of operation. The limit states are divided into two groups. The
first group includes limit states, the transition through which leads to complete unsuitability of the object. The second group
includes those that complicate the normal operation of the object or shorten its service life, compared to the specified term.
During operation, the welded metal building structure is exposed, first of all, to mechanical and corrosion impacts. References
to the theory and formulas are given that determine the probabilities of a metal structure failure. It is recommended to use the
Bayesian formula to calculate the total value of operational risk. 17 Ref., 8 Tabl., 4 Fig.
risk, operational risk, risk management, probability of danger occurrence, welded structure, technical safety
Received: 07.10. 2019
1. (2015) Law of Ukraine of 15.01.2015, No. 124-VIII: On technical
regulations and сonformity assessment [in Ukrainian].
2. (2016) Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
No. 95 of January 2016: About approval of the modules of
conformity assessment used for development of the procedures
for conformity assessment and rules for application of
conformity assessment modules [in Ukrainian].
3. (2010) Law of Ukraine of 02.12.2010, No. 2736-VI: On general
safety of non-food products [in Ukrainian].
4. Bondarenko, Yu.K., Kovalchuk, O.V. (2017) Evaluation of risk of welding structures service using monitoring of processes of the quality control system and testing using NT and TD methods. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazruch. Kontrol, 3, 56-62 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2017.03.07
5. Bondarenko, Yu.K., Kovalchuk, O.V. (2018) Risk identification in fabrication of welded structures in order to introduce risk-management at the enterprise. Ibid., 3, 47-57 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.03.06
6. Bondarenko, Yu.K., Kovalchuk, O.V. (2018) Analysis and
study of management of the risk affecting the technological
process of welding in production, in order to increase the viability
of steel structures by danger indicators. Svarshchik, 4,
29–40 [in Russian].
7. DSTU ISO Guide 73:2013 (ISO Guide 73:2009): Risk management.
8. DSTU ISO 31000:2014 (ISO 31000:2009, IDT): Risk management.
Principles and guidelines.
9. DSTU ІЕС/ISO 31010:2013 (ІЕС/ISO 31010:2009, IDT):
Risk management. Risk assessment techniques.
10. DSTU ISO 9001:2015: Quality management systems. Guidelines
11. DSTU 3974-2000: System of product development and
launching into manufacture. Procedures of experimental and
design works. Basic principles [in Ukrainian].
12. DSTU 8634:2016: System of product development and
launching into manufacture. Guidelines of inedible product
development and launching into manufacture [in Ukrainian].
13. DBN V 1.2-14:2018: System of ensuring the reliability and
safety of building objects. General principles for reliability
and constructive safety ensuring of buildings and civil engineering
works. Valid from 01.01.2019 [in Ukrainian].
14. Mankovska, E., Skoropad, P., Semenystyi, A. (2010) Corrosion
resistance of metal amorphous columns and metrological
reliability of temperature transducers on their base.
Vymiryuvalna Tekhnika ta Metrologiya, 71, 98–102 [in
16. Bidyuk, P.I., Terentiev, O.M., Konovalyuk, M.M. (2010)
Bayesian networks in the technologies of intelligent analysis
of data. Iskustvennyi Intellekt, 2, 104–113 [in Ukrainian].
17. Torop, V.M. (2005) Probabilistic risk-analysis of operation
of pipeline systems of tanks and pressure vessels. Information
2: Method of assessment of serviceabilityof structural
elements by limited statistical data. Problemy Prochnosti, 3,
96–103 [in Ukrainian].
Advertising in this issue: