Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #4, 2020, pp. 23-31
An approach to automation of management of gas transmission system of Ukraine
V.F. Chekurin1, Yu. V. Ponomaryov2, M.H. Prytula2, O.M. Khymko3
Pidstryhach Institute for Applied Problems of Mechanics and Mathematics of NASU, 3-b, Naukova str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine.
Research Institute for Gas Transportation of JSC «UKRTRANSGAS», 16 Koneva str., 61004, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
Lviv Polytechnic National University, 12 S. Bandera str., 79013, Lviv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
An approach to step-by-step automation of management of gas transmission system of Ukraine using the methodology
defined by ANSI/ISA-95 standard and modern methodology for pipeline integrity management is considered in the paper.
The approach assumes preservation and development of existing means for automation of technological processes, as well as
already implemented software systems for modeling, planning, optimization and management of the main gas pipelines and
underground gas storage facilities and formation on their basis of an automated operational management system that meets the
requirements of this standard. According to the proposed approach, the implementation of the automated system is considered as
a combination of two processes, each of which consists of three stages, performed iteratively. The first process includes creation
of an operational management system, introduction of automatic monitoring of parameters of the technological and physical
processes and formation of an information system as regards ensuring operational management and control of the technological
processes. The second process includes formation of the information system for supporting the business processes, as well as
introduction of an automated corporate governance system and of automatic monitoring of business processes.
Key words: Gas Transmission System, Automation of Management, Integrity Management of Main Gas Pipelines, MES
1. Operator of gas transmission system of Ukraine [in Ukrainian]. https://tsoua.com, last accessed 31.10.2020.
2. (2020) Plan for development of gas transmission system of Ukraine. Kyiv, LLC Operator of gas transmission system of Ukraine [in Ukrainian]. https://tsoua.com/wp-content/uploads/gas-quality/files/TYNDP_2020-2029_18-03-2020.pdf.
3. Bunko, T.V., Safonov, V.V., Strezhekurov, E.S., Matsuk, Z.M. (2018) Safety of long-distance gas transmission. Geotekhnichna Mekhanika, 139, 106-115 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/geotm2018.02.106
4. Regulations of safe service of main gas pipelines. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0292-10#o37.
5. Law of Ukraine «On High-Risk Facilities» [in Ukrainian]. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2245-14.
6. (2002) On identification and declaration of safety of highrisk facilities [in Ukrainian]. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/956-2002-п.
7. Gabbar, H.A, Kishawy, H.A. (2011) Framework of pipeline integrity management. Int. J. Process Systems Engineering, 1(3/4), 215 - 236. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJPSE.2011.041560
8. Goodfellow, R., Jonsson, K. (2015) Pipeline Integrity Management Systems (PIMS). In book: Oil and Gas Pipelines. Integrity and Safety Handbook. Ed. by R. Winstone Review. Wiley, 3-12. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119019213.ch01
9. Choi, B.K. and Ki, B.H. (2002) MES (manufacturing execution system) architecture for FMS compatible to ERP (Enterprise Planning System). Int. J. Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 15(3), 274-284. https://doi.org/10.1080/09511920110059106
10. Mora, R.G., Hopkins, P., Cote, E. I., Shie, T. (2016) Pipeline Integrity Management Systems: A Practical Approach. ASME Press, US. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.861110
11. Meyer, H., Fuchs, F., Thiel, K. (2009) Manufacturing Execution Systems Optimal Design, Planning, and Deployment. Mc Graw Hill,.
12. (2018) API RP 1173/PSMS: Pipeline Safety Management Systems,USA.
13. Govindaraju, R., Lukman, K., Chandra, D. R. (2014) Manufacturing execution system design using ISA-95. Adv. Materials Research, Vol. 980, 248-252. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.980.248
14. Williams, T.J. (1994) The Purdue enterprise reference architecture. Computers in Industry, 24 (2), 141-158. https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-3615(94)90017-5
15. Chekurin, V.F., Khymko, O.M. (2018) Modeling of functions of program complex for automation of gas-transport system control. In: Scholarly notes of Tavria National University. Seriya: Tekhnichni Nauki, 29(68), 2, 192-197 [in Ukrainian].
16. Chekurin, V.F., Khymko, O.M. (2019) Mathematical model for control of linear part integrity of main gas pipeline. Ibid., 30(69), 1 (Pt1), 158-164 [in Ukrainian].
17. Chekurin, V.F., Ponomaryov, Yu.V., Khymko, O.M. (2019) Method of control of linear part integrity of main gas pipeline by data of monitoring of the flow parameters. Ibid. 30(69), 2(Pt.1), 234-240 [in Ukrainian].
18. Chekurin V., Khymko O. (2019) Numerical modeling transient processes in a long gas pipeline. Mathematical Modeling and Computing, 6(2), 220-238. https://doi.org/10.23939/mmc2019.02.220
19. Chekurin, V.F., Khymko, O.M. (2019) Transient processes of gas flow in a pipeline caused by local leakage. Mat. Metody ta Fiz.-Mekh. Polya, 62(3), 143-158 [in Ukrainian].
20. Geiger, G. State-of-the-art in leak detection and localization. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290631637_Stateof-the-art_in_leak_detection_ and_localization.
21. ASTM E1211 / E1211M - 17 Standard Practice for Leak Detection and Location Using Surface-Mounted Acoustic Emission Sensors, https://www.astm.org/Standards/E1211.htm.
22. Kourousis, D., Bollas, K., Anastasopoulos, A. Acoustic emission leak detection of buried oil pipelines, river and road crossings, https://www.ndt.net/article/ecndt2010/reports/1_07_01.pdf.
23. Brunner, A., Barbezat, M.(2007) Acoustic emission leak testing of pipes for pressurized gas using active fiber composite elements as sensors. J. of Acoustic Emission, 25, 42-50.
24. Totally Integrated Automation Portal. One integrated engineering framework for all automation tasks. https:// www. automation.siemens.com/salesmaterial-as/brochure/en/brochure_tia_portal_en.pdf
25. Chekurin, V., Ponomaryov, Yu., Prytula, M., Khymko, O. (2018) Development of an approach to automation of gas transmission system management. Technology Audit and Production Reserves, 5/1(43), 52-60. https://doi.org/10.15587/2312-8372.2018.146574
Advertising in this issue: