Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #1, 2021, pp. 11-16
Integration of АЕ method into the technology of repair and extension of life of metal structures
A.Ya. Nedoseka1, S.A. Nedoseka1, M.A. Yaremenko1, M.A. Ovsiienko1, O.K. Savchenko2, S.G. Epov2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU, 11 Kazymyr Malevych str., 03150, Kyiv, E-mail: email@example.com
PJSC «Odessa Port Plant». 3 Zavodskaya str., 65481, Yuzhne, Odessa reg. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The issue of evaluation of the current state of various-purpose industrial facilities and operating conditions, in particular tanks
– storages for oil, liquefied gas, liquid ammonia, etc., is becoming ever more urgent. It is proposed to apply for diagnostics of
critical facilities the AE technology of monitoring higher acoustic activity in the structure material with subsequent assessment
(classification) of the state of the facility using the traditional methods. The paper gives the results of analysis of the data of AE
systems for monitoring the tanks and their application for determination of priority areas for additional control during performance
of engineering inspection and repair operations. Ref. 8. Tabl. 2, Fig. 10.
Key words: acoustic emission (АЕ), AE activity, AE monitoring, loading, actual state of tested facility
1. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A. (2020) Fundamentals of
calculation and diagnostics of welded structures: Monography.
Ed. by B.E. Paton. 5th Ed. Kiev, Indprom [in Russian].
2. Shatalov, A.A., Razuvaev, I.V., Kostyukov, V.N. (2003) Experience
of realization of safety assurance strategy of petrochemical
productions in their operation by actual technical
state. Khimicheskaya Tekhnika, 3, 11–13 [in Russian].
3. ASTM E 1139-07 Standard Practice for Continuous Monitoring
of Acoustic Emission from Metal Pressure Boundaries.
4. (2017) Technical diagnostics of materials and structures: Refer.
book. In: 8 vol. Ed. by Z.T. Nazarchuk. Vol.5: Acoustic
methods of control of material degradation and defectiveness
of structural elements. Lviv, Prostir [in Ukrainian].
5. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A. et al.
(2014) On control of safe operation of equipment under
working load. Continuous acoustic emission monitoring. Khimichna
Promyslovist Ukrainy, 1, 10–21 [in Russian].
6. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Nedoseka, A.Ya. et al. (2016) Smart technologies for evaluation of structure state (AE technologies and new generation control equipment on its basis). Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 3-18 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.02.01
7. (2003) DSTU 4227-2003: Guidelines on conducting acoustic
emission diagnostics of higher hazard facilities. Derzhstandart
Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
8. (2012) SOU 50.10–2012: Recommendations on design and
implementation of acoustic emission systems of control,
diagnostics and monitoring of higher risk facilities. Kyiv,
TK-78 TDNK [in Ukrainian].
Advertising in this issue: