Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #1, 2021, pp. 32-42
Experience of Research and Technical Center «Thermocontrol» in the area of thermal non-destructive testing
V.O. Storozhenko, S.M. Meshkov, R.P. Orel, O.V. Miahkyi
RTC «Thermocontrol» of Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, 14 Nauky Ave., Kharkiv, 61166, Ukraine.
The main results of research and development in the field of creating technologies for the thermal control method carried out
at the Research and Technical Center «Thermocontrol» of the Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics since 1973
and up to the now, are presented. The results of application of thermal technologies for diagnosing bearing wear and electrical
insulation faults in submersible electric motors of the SEM series used for oil production are shown. The results of monitoring
the condition of metal in pipelines of the NPP unit rooms are given. It turned out that the defects caused by cavitation erosion
have a “heat trace” and can be registered by the thermal method. The technology for diagnosing underground pipelines and leaks
in them is described. A method of statistical processing of the results of thermal diagnostics of gas-pumping units of main gas
pipelines has been developed, which includes creation of a virtual reference sample of the selected part of the unit; informative
features for comparing temperature fields were formed; a decision rule was formulated, which indicates the deviation of the
selected informative features from the reference value. The results of calculating the level of the liquid phase in gas pipelines
have been experimentally confirmed. The results of a thermographic survey of the hydrotechnical structures of the Dnieper HPP
are presented. The quantitative indicators of heat losses of buildings during thermal imaging inspection are given. The directions
and prospects of the development of the thermal method are considered. Ref. 20, Fig.9
Key words: thermal non-destructive testing, thermal diagnostics, submersible motors, underground pipelines, cavitation erosion,
hydraulic structures, heat losses
1. Storozhenko, V.A., Maslova, V.A. (2004) Thermography in Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing. Kharkov, Smit [in Russian].
2. Volkov, Ya.A., Denisov, S.S., Storozhenko, V.A. (1975) Optical-electronic device for registration of thermal fields. Pribory i Tekhnika Eksperimenta, 5, 36 [in Russian].
3. Storozhenko, V.A., Denisov, S.S., Volkov, Ya.A., Bedratyj, V.I., Rapoport D.A. (1977) Thermal imager with singleaxis optical-mechanical scanning. Optiko-Mekhanicheskaya Promyshlennost, 12, 23-24 [in Russian].
4. Rapoport, D.A., Storozhenko, V.A., Denisov, S.S. (1979) Optical-electronic device for registration of thermal profiles. Pribory i Tekhnika Eksperimenta, 5, 268 [in Russian].
5. Storozhenko, V.A., Meshkov, S.N., Denisov, S.S. (1985) Contactless test of thermal conditions of submersible electric motors. Defektoskopiya, 10, 86-87 [in Russian].
6. Storozhenko, V.A., Meshkov, S.N., Denisov, S.S., Chizhov, V.N. (1989) Set of measuring instruments for NDT. Ibid., 3, 94-96 [in Russian].
7. Storozhenko, V.A., Denisov, S.S., Meshkov, S.N., Chizhov, V.N., Galkin, A.V., Piskunova, L.E. (1989) Radiometer for thermal monitoring with improved performance. Ibid., 4, 85- 86 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1097/00152193-198902000-00030
8. Storozhenko, V.A. (1991) Radiometer "RAD-1" for thermal diagnostics of power plants. Ibid., 9, 93-94 [in Russian].
9. Meshkov, S.N., Orel, R.P. (2017) Thermal control for metal condition testing in pipelines of nuclear power plant. In: Proc. of Int. Symposium on Metrology and Metrology Assurance 2017, (Sozopol, Bulgaria), 112-118.
10. Vavilov, V.P. (2009) Infrared Thermography and Thermal Control. Moscow, Spektr [in Russian].
11. Storozhenko, V.A., Mel`nik, S.I., Kukharev, Yu.A. (2001) New procedures for information analysis in thermal control of pipelines. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 45-48 [in Russian].
12. Storozhenko, V.A., Mel`nik, S.I., Kukharev, Yu.A. (2002) Increasing the information content of the thermal method of pipeline inspection. In: Physical methods and means of control of media, materials and products, Zb. Nauk. Prats, Lviv, 7, 166-169 [in Russian].
13. Storozhenko, V.O., Meshkov, S.M., Saprykin, S.O., Orel, R.P. (2007) Application of thermography for diagnostics of the technical state of gas-pumping equipment. Metody ta Prylady Kontrolyu Yakosti, 18, 7-9 [in Ukrainian].
14. Storozhenko, V.A., Malik, S.B. (2009) Temperature diagnostics of machines and mechanisms based on a statistical approach. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 33-35 [in Russian].
15. Storozhenko, V.A., Meshkov, S.N., Saprykin, S.A., Myahkyi, A.V. (2009) Thermographic control method to determine the content of the liquid phase in gas pipelines. Metody ta Prylady Kontrolyu Yakosti, 23, 12-15 [in Russian].
16. Meshkov, S.N., Orel, R.P., Maslova, V.A. (2006) Thermographic examination of hydraulic structures of the Dnieprovskii HPS. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol , 2, 56- 60 [in Russian].
17. Meshkov, S.M., Gerasymovych, N.M., Smelyakov K.S. (2006) Thermography of hydraulic engineering equipment of the Dnieprovskii HPS. Pt 2: Internal thermography. Gidroenergetyka Ukrainy, 3, 31-33 [in Ukrainian].
18. Storozhenko, V.A., Malik, S.B. (2007) Express-method of evaluation of thermal losses in buildings by thermographic examination. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 49-50 [in Russian].
19. Meshkov, S.N., Orel, R.P., Korotenko, A.E. (2019) Heat losses estimation of buildings and constructions by thermographic examination. In: Proc. of Int. Symposium on Metrology and Metrology Assurance 2019, (Sozopol, Bulgaria), 105-108. https://doi.org/10.1109/MMA.2019.8936031
20. Vavilov, V.P. (2010) Pessimistic aspect of thermal imaging energy audit of building structures. Defektoskopiya, 12, 49- 54 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: