TPWJ, 2010, #9, 36-40 pages
ULTRASONIC DIAGNOSTICS OF SERVICE DEFECTS IN STRUCTURES OF OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 9, 2010 (September)
V.A. TROITSKY, V.P. DYADIN and E.A. DAVYDOV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Results of diagnostics of petrochemical equipment conducted by specialists of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute during the last 10 years were analyzed. The most characteristic regions of the apparatuses susceptible to service damage were determined, and methods for testing them by ultrasonic inspection were suggested. It is noted that the most frequent error in repair of welded joints on heat-resistant steels is their incomplete tempering in the zones of contact of elements made from different structural materials. Recommendations are proposed to select materials at replacement of equipment that exhausted its specified service life.
welded structures, service defect, diagnostics, low-temperature hydrogen delamination, crack, high-temperature cracking, heat treatment, medium impact, ultrasonic testing
1. Shrejder, A.V., Degtyaryova, G.L., Diakov, V.G. (1964) Corrosion protection of oil refining equipment. Moscow: Nedra.
2. Girenko, V.S., Bernatsky, A.V., Rabkina, M.D. et al. (1987) Lamellar, lamellar-brittle and lamellar-ductile fracture of welded joints. Problemy Prochnosti, 3, 70-76.
3. Karpenko, G.V. (1960) New ideas about hydrogen effect on properties of steel. Prykladn. Mekhanika, 6(4), 361-367.
4. Karpenko, G.V., Kripyakevich, R.I. (1962) Hydrogen effect on properties of steel. Moscow: Chyorn. i Tsvet. Metallurgiya.
5. Girenko, V.S., Rabkina, M.D., Dyadin, V.P. et al. (1998) Some results of technical diagnostics of vessels and pipelines in petrochemical industry. Tekhn. Diagnostika i Nerazrushayush. Kontrol, 3, 17-24.