TPWJ, 2014, #6-7, 103-106 pages
MANUFACRURING DEFECTS IN WELDING CONSUMABLES INFLUENCING THE QUALITY OF WELDED JOINTS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 6-7, 2014 (June-July)
Institute of Welding. 16-18 Bl. Czeslawa Str., 44-100, Gliwice, Poland. E-mail: email@example.com
The characteristic defects of welding wire and steel studs for arc welding-on, influencing the quality of welded joints, were analyzed. The inadmissible defects of the wire are predetermined by increased total content of nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen in them, high rigidity, low quality winding on the reels, and the defects of studs are caused by incompliance of chemical composition and mechanical properties with the requirements. 6 Ref., 1 Table.
arc welding, welding consumables, steel wire and studs, inadmissible defects of materials, quality of welded joints
1. Pokhodnya, I.K. (2003) Welding consumables: State-of-the-art and tendencies of development. The Paton Welding J., 3, 2-13.
2. Voropaj, N.M., Brinyuk, M.V. (2002) Technological properties of copper-plated welding wire. Svarshchik, 4, 16-20.
3. Voropaj, N.M., Degtyaryov, V.G., Ignatchenko, P.V. et al. (1976) Improvement of welding-technological properties of wire Sv-08G2S. Avtomatich. Svarka, 8, 61-65.
4. Voropaj, N.M. (1977) Influence of state of electrode wire surface on metal transfer in shielded-gas welding. Ibid., 3, 68-69.
5. Denisov, L.S. (2012) Welding and quality. Minsk: Pravo i Ekonomika.
6. Pomranke, I., Zwinkert, G. (1998) Peculiarities of shielded arc welding with spray-rotation transfer of electrode metal. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 40-47.