TPWJ, 2019, #11, 50-52 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11, 2019 (November)
Multipurpose electron beam welding machine
V. Nesterenkov, K. Khrypko and V. Lukyanov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The E. O. Paton Electric Welding Institute (PWI) has been specializing for many decades in electron-beam welding (EBW) techniques for many modern structural alloys, including the development of EBW equipment and related production methods. The past two decades, the PWI designed and manufactured a lot of units, used for EBW of various products. All these units can be roughly divided into several types according to the of volume welding chamber: «small», «medium», «large» and «extra large». 6 Ref., 3 Figures.
Keywords: electron beam welding machine, control system, graphical user interface
1. Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M., Neporozhny, Yu.V. (2001) Design and electron beam welding of vacuum chambers. The Paton Welding J., 6, 40-42.
2. LaFlamme, G., Mac Williams, S., Rugh, J., Hendryx, R. (2006) Hybrid EBW process joining heavy-duty impellers. Welding J., 1, 44-47.
3. Myers, L., LaFlamme, G. (2000) Electron beam braze welding of compressor impellers. The Paton Welding J., 8, 53-57.
4. Paton, B.E., Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M. et al. (2004) Computer control of electron beam welding with multi-coordinate displacements of the gun and workpiece. Ibid., 5, 2-5.
5. Nesterenkov, V.M., Khripko, K.S. (2017) Recent achievements of E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute in development of equipment for electron beam welding. Zvaroc Professional, 2, 9-13. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.04.07
6. Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M., llyushenko, R.V. (2005) Weldability of aircraft aluminium alloys of great thickness in EBW. The Paton Welding J., 8, 25-31.