Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #3, 2021, pp. 23-28
Peculiariyies of emergency destruction of the technological pipeline
M.D. Rabkina, V.А. Kostin, T.G. Solomiychuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Analysis of failure of process pipeline, including a study of the properties, chemical composition and structure of the metal of
welded joints, as well as the site of fracture and nature of crack propagation, made it possible to establish the most probable
causes that led to its premature failure. It is assumed that such reasons are: a defect in a longitudinal weld; residual stresses in
the pipe resulting from local heat treatment of the assembly circular weld; as well as longitudinal stresses arising from deflection
of the pipeline between the supports. Ref. 9, Tabl. 4, Fig. 7.
technological pipeline; longitudinal and circular welded joints; defects in welded joints; lacks-of-fusion; structural
heterogeneity; lamellar tearing; destruction
1. Girgin Serkan, K. (2015) Elisabeth Lessons Learned from Oil
Pipeline Natech Accidents and Recommendations for Natech
Scenario Development – Final Report. ©EU. Abstract,
2. Kushnareva, O.V., Golubaev, D.V. (2018) Analysis of accident
causes on objects of main gas-and-oil pipelines: Problems
and solutions. Master’s J., 1, 37–43.
3. Kuznetsova, N.V., Krasnokutsky, A.N. (2012) Experience of
calculation and design of transfer pipelines. Tekhnologii Nefti
i Gaza, 3, 54–59 [in Russian].
4. Lobanov, L.M., Poznyakov, V.D., Makhnenko, O.V. (2013)
Formation of cold cracks in welded joints from high-strength
steels with 350-850 MPa yield strength. The Paton Welding
J., 7, 8–13.
5. Lobanov, L.M., Girenko, V.S., Rabkina, M.D. (2001) Anisotropy
of crack resistance characteristics as one of the causes
of crack initiation in welded bridge spans. In: Diagnostics,
life and reconstruction of bridges and building structures,
Transact., Lviv, Kamenyar, Issue 3, 138-147 [in Russian].
6. Farber, V.M., Khotinov, V.A., Belikov, S.V. et al. (2016) Separations in steels subjected to controlled rolling, followed by accelerated cooling. Physics of Metals and Metallography, 117, 407-421. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0031918X16040050
7. Usov, V.V., Girenko, V.S., Rabkina, M.D. et al. (1993) Influence of crystallographic texture on anisotropy of fracture characteristics of low-alloyed steel of controlled rolling. In: Fizikokhimicheskaya Mekhanika Materialov, 2, 47-52 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00558813
8. TU 1381-003-47966425–2006: Steel longitudinal welded
pipes with an outer diameter of 610…1420 mm [in Russian].
9. Fellous, J. (1982) Fractography and atlas of fractograms.
Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: