Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №2, 2018, pp. 69-74
Propositions on improvement of the classification of eddy current transducers
G.V.Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 5, Naukova str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
A draft of an extended general classification of eddy current designs was proposed. In particular, multielement eddy current transducers, which realize the technology of electronic or combined scanning of the surface of the object of control, as well as the far-field eddy current transducers were added to the proposed classification for the first time. Examples of the design of eddy current transducer structures are given, in particular, of multielement eddy current transducers and far-field eddy current transducers. 26 References, 7 Figures.
Keywords: eddy current testing, eddy current transducers, design, classification
- Beda, P.I., Vybornov, B.I., Glazkov, Yu.A. et al. (1976) Nondestructive testing of metals and products: Refer. book. Ed. by G.S. Samoylovich. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Dorofeev, A.L., Nikitin, A.I., Rubin, A.L. (1978) Induction thickness measurement. Moscow, Energiya [in Russian].
- Dorofeev, A.L., Kazamanov, Yu.G. (1980) Electromagnetic flow detection. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Gerasimov V.G., Ostanin, Yu.A., Pokrovskii, A.A. et al. (1978) Nondestructive testing of product quality by electromagnetic methods. Moscow, Energiya [in Russian].
- Gerasimov, V.G., Klyuev, V.V., Shaternikov, V.E. (1983) Methods and instruments for electromagnetic control of indusrial products. Moscow, Energoatomizdat [in Russian].
- Sobolev, V.S., Shkarlet, Yu.M. (1967) Put-on and screen sensors. Novosibirsk, Nauka [in Russian].
- Gerasimov, V.G., Pokrovskii, A.D., Sukhorukov, V.V. (1992) Nondestructive testing. In: 5 books. Book 3: Electromagnetic testing: Manual. Ed. by V.V. Sukhorukov. Moscow, Vyschaya Shkola [in Russian].
- Dyakin, V.V., Sandovskii, V.A. (1981) Theory and calculation of put-on eddy current transducers. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
- (2001) Fracture mechanics and strength of materials: Refer. book. Vol. 5: Nondestructive testing and technical diagnostics. Ed. by Z.T. Nazarchuk. Lviv, G.V. Karpenka PMI [in Ukrainian].
- Ostash, O.P., Fedirko, V.M., Uchanin, V.M. et al. (2007) Fracture mechanics and strength of materials: Refer. book. Vol. 9: Strength and fatigue life of aviation materials and structural elements. Ed. by V.V. Panasyuk. Lviv, Spolom [in Ukrainian].
- Libby, H.L. (1971) Introduction to electromagnetic nondestructive test methods. New-York, Wiley – Interscience.
- Merkulov, A.I. (1992) On design similarity of parametric put-on electromagnetic transducers. Pribory i Sistemy Upravleniya, 8, 20-23 [in Russian].
- Uchanin, V.N. (2010) Eddy current overlay transducers: expanded classification, comparative analysis and characteristic examples of realization (Review). Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 24-29 [in Russian].
- Uchanin, V.M. (2013) Eddy current put-on double differentiation transducers. Lviv, Spolom [in Ukrainian].
- (1998) EN 1330-5: 1998: Non-destructive testing. Terminology. Pt 5: Terms used in eddy current testing. Technical Committee CEN/TC 138.
- Bulgakov, V.F., Zhukov, V.K. (1981) Through-type eddy current device. USSR author’s cert. 853518, Int. Cl. G01N27/96 [in Russian].
- Vinokurov, B.B., Mizin, V.G. (1981) Through-type eddy current transducer. USSR author’s cert. 868551, Int. Cl. G01N27/96 [in Russian].
- Vinokurov, B.B., Mizin, V.G. (1983) Through-type eddy current transducer. USSR author’s cert. 1040403, Int. Cl. G01N27/90 [in Russian].
- Mook, G., Michel, F., Simonin, J. (2008) Electromagnetic imaging using probe arrays. In: Proc. of 17th World Conf. on Non-Destructive Testing Shanghai, 2008, paper 380. (www.ndt.net).
- Hardy, F., Desmaures de St.-A., Samson, R. (2002) Eddy current probe with multiuse coils and compact configuration. Pat. 6344739, USA, Int. Cl. G01N27/90.
- Decitre, J.-M., Premel, D., Mangenet, G. et al. (2006) Flexible EC array probe for the inspection of complex parts developed within the European VERDICT Project. In: Proc. of 9th Europ. Conf. on NDT, Berlin, 2006, Paper TU.4.4.3.
- Bureau, J.-F., Ward, R.C., Julien, A. (2012) Application of eddy current array technology to surface inspection. In: Proc. of 18th World Conf. on Nondestructive Testing (16-20 April 2012, Durban, South Africa).
- Gramz, M., Stepinski, T. (1994) Eddy current imaging array sensors and flaw reconstruction. Research in Nondestructive Evaluation, 5, 157-174. https://doi.org/10.1080/09349849409409666
- (2015) Draft International Standard ISO/DIS 20339:2015(E): Non-destructive testing. Equipment for eddy current examination: Array probes characteristics and verification. European Committee for Standardization.
- Schmidt T.R. (1984) The remote field eddy current inspection technique. Materials Evaluation, 2, 225-230.
- Mackintosh, D.D., Atherton, D.L., Sullivan, S.P. (1993) Remote-field eddy current signal analysis in small-bore ferromagnetic tubes. Ibid., 4, 492-495.