Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №2, 2018, pp. 63-68
Modeling the possibility of propagation of cracklike defects in pressure vessels from two-layer steels
I. I. Perepichai, A. O. Perepichai, V. V. Mutas, M. D. Rabkina
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich str., 03150, Kiev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
After the normative service life is over, many critical welded structures remain in service that necessitates the need to continue their safe operation. The most sensitive location from the view point of initiation and propagation of cracklike defects in bimetal elements of equipment is the area of transition from corrosion-resistant to heat-resistant steel. As empirical calculations, particularly in the case of a bimetal, cannot always be performed, there arises the need to model the stress-strain state of the structure, that enables prediction of further growth of the defect of specified dimensions with the known working parameters of the structure. 10 References, 2 Tables, 6 Figures.
Keywords: cracklike defects, modeling the stress-strain state, stress intensity factor, two-layer steels
- Lobanov, L.M., Rabkina, M.D., Netrebsky, M.A., Mutas, V.V. (2013) Regularities of propagation of service defects in Welded structures of oil processing complex. In: Improvement of reliability and fatigue life of equipment of oil and gas industry: Transact. Berdyansk, 97-102 [in Russian].
- Girenko, V.S., Rabkina, M.D., Dyadin, V.P. et al. (1998) Some results of technical disgnostics of vessels and pipelines in petrochemical industry. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 17-24 [in Russian].
- Girenko, V.S., Rabkina, M.D., Girenko, S.V. (2003) Physico-mechanical changes in steels in service in hydrogen-containing media. Ibid., 4, 18-24 [in Russian].
- Rabkina, M.D., Perepichay, A.O., Peremichay, I.I., Mutas, V.V. (2017) Analysis of results of technical diagnostics of shell-and-tube heat exchangers for ranking of service defects and evaluation of their effect on residual life. Ibid., 2, 50-54 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2017.02.07
- Girenko, V.S., Mutas, V.V., Girenko, S.V. (2001) Strength of pipelines and vessels with corrosion recesses. Ibid., 4, 21-23 [in Russian].
- Rabkina, M.D. (2004) Results of technical diagnostics of furnace coils in installations of catalytic reforming. Ibid., 2, 9-17 [in Russian].
- Rabkina, M.D. (2005) Evaluation of corrosion damage of columns for rectification and desulphurization of hydrocarbon gases. Ibid., 2, 3-8 [in Russian].
- NPAOP 0.00-6/09-10 (1.6, item 4.3.10):Procedure of inspection, testing and expert examination of equipment of hydrogenation process installations in oil processing and petrochemical productions [in Russian].
- PNAEG-7-002-86: Norms of strength calculation of equipment and pipelines of nuclear power units [in Russian].
- Yushchenko, K.A., Chekotilo, L.V., Kakhovsky, Yu.N. et al. Experience of repair of two-layer steel cases from of column equipment for oil processing. http.kpi.kharkov.ua/archive/2010/14/17.pdf, 122-136 [in Ukrainian].