Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №4, 2018, pp. 30-35
Modeling the transient processes in measurement channel of eddy-current flaw detector
V.V. Dolinenko1, E.V. Shapovalov1, Yu.V. Kuts2, M.A. Redka2, V.N. Uchanin3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS Ukraine, 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NTUU «Igor Sikorskii KPI», 37 Peremogi Prosp., 03056 Kyiv
G.V.Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 5 Naukova Str., Lviv, E-mail: email@example.com
Simulation model of analog part of measurement path of a flaw detector designed for application in automated systems of eddy current testing, as well as virtual stand and procedure for its testing were developed. The developed model was used for studying the transient processes in the flaw detector analog path for different types of input eddy current transducers. Investigation results can be applied for correction of the algorithms for automatic calibration and processing the information signals and taking decisions in automated systems of eddy current testing. 12 Ref., 9 Fig.
automatic eddy current flaw detector, eddy current signal, simulation model, amplitude and phase modulation, transient process
1. Klyuev, V.V., Sosnin, F.R., Kovalev, A.V. et al. (2005) Nondestructive testing and diagnostics: Refer. book. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
2. (2004) Nondestructive Testing Handbook. 3rd Ed. Vol. 5: Electromagnetic testing. ASNT. Ed. by Techn. ed. Satish, S. Udpa. Ed. by P. O’Moore.
3. Fedosenko, Yu.K. (2005) Emergence current state and prospects for development of eddy-current testing. Kontrol. Diagnostika, 5, 71-75 [in Russian].
4. Klyuev, V.V., Fedosenko, Yu.K., Muzhitsky, V.F. (2007) Eddy-current testing: Current state and prospects of development. V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 2, 4-9 [in Russian].
5. Luis F.S. G. Rosado (2014) New eddy current probes and digital processing algorithms for friction stir welding testing. Lisbon, Lisbon University.
6. Sukhorukov, V.V., Vajnberg, E.I., Kazhis, R.J.Yu. et al. (1993) Non-destructive testing. In: 5 books. Book 5: Introscopy and automation of non-destructive testing: Pract. Manual. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
7. Uchanin, V.M. (2013) Double differentiation put-on eddy-current transducers: Monography. Lviv, SPOLOM [in Ukrainian].
8. Yurevich, E.I. (2005) Fundamentals of robotic engineering. St.-Petersburg, BVKh-Peterburg [in Russian].
9. Dolinenko, V.V., Shapovalov, E.V., Skuba, T.G. et al. (2017) Robotic system of non-destructive eddy-current testing of complex geometry products. The Paton Welding J., 5/6, 51-57. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.06.10
10. Lutsenko, G.G., Uchanin, V.N., Gogulya, V.N. (2005) Automated multichannel eddy-current system for detection and identification of in-depth and surface defects of pipes from nonferromagnetic steels. Issue 10: Electromagnetic and acoustic methods of nondestructive testing of materials and products. Series: Physical methods and means of control of media, materials and products. Lviv, PMI, 108-111 [in Ukrainian].
11. Slyadneva, N.A. (2008) ROBOSCOP VT-3000. Robotic complex for eddy-current testing. Diagnostic instruments. Sredstva i Tekhnologii Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 1, 31 [in Russian].
12. Dyakonov, V.P. (2013) Simulink: Teach-yourself manual. Moscow. DMK-Press [in Russian].