Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №1, 2019, стр. 47-52
About the sensitivity of ultrasonic testing by surface waves excited and received by electromagnetic-acoustic transducers (Review, p. 2)
G.M. Suchkov, O.N. Petrishchev, S.Yu. Plesnetsov
National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute». 2 Kirpichev Str., 61002, Kharkiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Analysis of information sources was performed. These sources give the data on the sensitivity of ultrasonic nondestructive testing of metal products by surface waves with instruments and systems with electromagnetic-acoustic transducers. It is found that electromagnetic-acoustic testing has noticeable advantages, compared to the traditional contact method of control in its application field, namely control of metals without any special preparation of the surface, automatic and automated testing with a high efficiency. In many cases the sensitivity of flaw detection with application of electromagnetic-acoustic transducers is not inferior to the traditional contact method, and in some cases even exceeds it. 7 Ref., 2 Tabl., 9 Fig.
Keywords: metal product, ferromagnetic, quality, defect, electromagnetic-acoustic transducer, flaw detection, control sensitivity
1. Suchkov, G.M., Plesnetsov, S.Yu. (2018) Sensitivity of testing via elecytromagnetic-acoustic transducers (Overview, p. 1). Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 45–50 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.04.06
2. Ermolov, I.N., Lange, Yu.V. (2004) Nondestructive testing. In: Refer. book, 7 Vol., Ed. by V.V. Klyuev. Vol 3: Ultrasonic testing. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
3. (2019) Corrosion under insulation and fireproofing. American Petroleum Institute, 110. http://www.txis.org/txis/API_RP_583_Rev2_2019.pdf
4. Suchkov, G.M., Petrishchev, O.N., Khashchina, S.V. et al. (2013) Enhancement of the capabilities of contactless flaw detection of the surface of rolled ferromagnetic metal products. Kontrol, Diagnostika, 4, 31–35 [in Russian].
5. Suchkov, G.M., Plesnetsov, S.Yu., Mecheriakov, S.Yu. et al. (2018) New developments of electromagnetoacoustic transducers (Review). Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3. 27–34 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.03.03
6. Suchkov, G.M. (2005) Development of the theory and practice of designing instrumentation for electromagnetoacoustic testing of metal products. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kharkov, NTU KhPI [in Russian].
7. Suchkov,G.M., Katasonov, Yu.A., Garkavy, V.V. (2000) Capabilities of contactless electromagnetic methods of NDT of pipes. Questions of development of gas industry of Ukraine. Issue ХХVІ. Diagnostics of pipelines, process and electromechanical equipment of oil and gas industry. UkrNDIGaz, 102–109 [in Russian].