Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #3, 2019, pp. 46-54
Application of acoustic emission and strain gaugez measurements to processes of diagnostics of strain hardening of epoxy matrix composites
V.L. Aleksenko1, A.A. Sharko2, S.A. Smetankin1, D.M. Stepanchikov2, K.Yu. Yurenin1
Kherson State Maritime Academy. 20 Ushakova Ave., 73000, Kherson, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kherson National Technical University. 24 Berislav Rd., 73008, Kherson, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper gives the results of studying the dependence of acoustic emission arising at deformation of samples of epoxy resin ED-20, using the developed hardware-software complex, reflecting the evolution of physical deformation mechanisms at sample loading. Regularities of formation of acoustic emission and strain gauge diagnostic signals during deformation at four-point bending were established. Recorded signals were processed in real time. Acoustic emission was described using signal informative parameters, reflecting its energy and frequency features. Stresses at which material fracture begins were determined, which were matched by the level of force impact. Derived results and regularities can be applied at acoustic emission studies of the stages of plastic deformation in epoxy matrix composites. Ref. 10, Tables 2, Fig. 8.
acoustic emission, strain gauge measurement, epoxy matrix, four-point bending
1. Stukhlyak, P.D., Buketov, A.V., Panin, S.V. et al. (2014) Structural levels of fracture of epoxy composite materials under shock loading. Fizicheskaya Mezomekhanika, 17(2), 65-83 [in Russian].
2. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A. (2014) Features of application of acoustic emission method at destructive testing of materials. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 3-11 [in Russian]. 54
3. Filonenko, S.V. (2011) Influence of nonuniformity of fracture process of composite materials on acoustic emission signals. Tekhnol. Sistemy, 1 (54), 24-31 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.18372/2306-1472.54.3867
4. Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Shevtsova, M.A. et al. (2018) Acoustic emission at composite material testing. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 36-40 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.04.04
5. GOST 28840-90: Machines for tensile, compression and bending tests of materials. General specifications [in Russian].
6. GOST 33519-2015: Polymer composites. Compression test method at normal, higher and lower temperature [in Russian].
7. Aleksenko, V.L., Sharko, A.V., Sharko, A.A. et al. (2019) Identification by AE method of structural features of deformation mechanisms at bending. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 32-38 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2019.01.04
8. Salita, D.S., Polyakov, V.V. (2018) Application of main component methods for studying acoustic emission at plastic deformation of lead alloys. Izv. AltGU Fizika, 4(102), 26-30 [in Russian].
9. Yudin, V.A., Ivlev, V.I., Fomin, N.E., Sigachyov, A.F. (2017) Mechanical testing of CFRP with epoxy matrix. Materials Physics and Mechanics, 30, 53-60.
10. Panin, V.E., Elsukova, T.F., Panin, A.V. et al. (2004) Mesoscopic structural levels of deformation in near-surface layers and nature of fatigue fracture of polycrystals under alternating bending. Fizicheskaya Mezomekhanika, 7(2), 5-17.