Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #1, 2020, pp. 51-56
Electromagnetoacoustic transducer with pulsed sources of polarizing magnetic field for quality control of ferromagnetic products
Bussi Salam, G.M. Suchkov, S.Yu. Plesnetsov
National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute». 2 Kirpichov Str., 61002, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
Experimental studies were performed, which are aimed at development of electromagnetoacoustic transducers with smallsized
pulsed sources of the magnetic field. Possibility of development of transducers with flat two-window magnetization coils
is shown. They provide formation of the magnetic field with up to 1 T induction during the time of impact of magnetization
pulse of up to 200 μs with 600 A current with short switching on and off time. Electromagnetoacoustic transducers with new
magnetization coils ensure obtaining backwall echo pulses with more than 20 dB amplitude, compared to interference amplitude.
13 Ref., 2 Tabl., 10 Fig.
Keywords: electromagnetoacoustic transducer, magnetic field, high-frequency electromagnetic field, ultrasonic wave pulses,
magnetization pulse, ferromagnetic product; inductance coil, control, diagnostics, thickness measurement
1. Paton, B.E., Troitsky, V.A. (2013) Main directions of activity
of E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU on improvement
of nondestructive testing of welded joints. Tekh.
Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 13-29 [in Russian].
2. Ermolov, I.N., Lange, Yu.V. (2004) Nondestructive testing:
Refer. book. In: 7 Vol., Vol.3: Ultrasonic testing. Ed. by V.V.
Klyuev, Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
3. Sudakova, K.V., Kazyukevich, I.L. (2004) On improvement
of effectiveness of quality control of metallurgical products.
V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 3, 8-10 [in Russian].
4. (2014) Application of EMAT for corrosion and erosion control
in steam heaters ob boiler units. Territoriya NDT, 1, 42-43 [in Russian].
5. Suchkov, G.M. (2005) Development of theory and practice
of designing instruments for electromagnetoacoustic testing
of metal products. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci.
Degree. Kharkiv, NTU KhPI [in Ukrainian].
6. Migushchenko, R.P., Suchkov, G.M., Radev, Kh.K. et al. (2016) Electromagnetoacoustic transdusers for ultrasonic thickness measurement of ferromagnetic metal products without removing the dielectric coating. Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, 2, 78-82 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/techned2016.02.078
7. Mikajlov, A.V., Gobov, Yu.L., Smorodinsky, Ya.G., Shcherbinin, S.V. (2015) Electromagnetoacoustic transducer with pulsed magnetization. Defectoskopiya, 8, 14-23 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1061830915080069
8. Suchkov, G.M., Salam Bussi (2019) Modeling of polarizing magnetic field of electromagnetoacoustic transducer of electromagnetic energy into ultrasonic energy. In: Abstr. of Papers of 19th Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Problems of Informatics and Modeling (11-16 September, 2019, Carolino Bugaz, Ukraine).
9. Salam Bussi (2019) Ultrasonic transducer for contactless control of products from ferromagnetic materials. Way Science. In: Proc. of 1st Int.-Pract. Internet-Conf. on Integration of Education, Science and Business in Modern Environment: Summer Discussions (1-2 August, 2019, Dnipro), pp. 620-624.
10. Suchkov, G.M. (2001) Investigation of the features of propagation of elastic waves excited by EMA method. Kontrol. Diagnostika, 12, 36-39 [in Russian].
11. 2016) Multiple ultrasonic echo-signals in a plate: Analysis and application. V Mire Nerazrushayushchego Kontrolya, 19(1), 36-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.12737/18049
12. Bobrov, V.T., Shevaldykin, V.G. (2017) Multiple ultrasonic
echo-signals in a plate: Analysis and application. Tekhnologiya
Mashinostroeniya, 5, 50-54 [in Russian].
13. Alyokhin, S.G. (2013) Thickness measurement in metal
structures based on electromagnetoacoustic transformation
in a pulsed magnetic field. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of
Tekhn. Sci. Degree. Moscow, Spektr [in Russian].