Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #1, 2020, pp. 8-16
Evaluation of the state and prediction of breaking load at acoustic-emission testing of pressure vessels with limited access to controlled surface
S.A. Nedoseka1, M.A. Yaremenko1, M.A. Ovsienko1, A.Ya. Nedoseka1, S.V. Zhuravljov1, B.M. Obodovskii2, O.K. Savchenko2, S.G. Epov2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
JSC «Odessa Port Plant», 3 Zavodskaya Str., 65481, Yuzhne, Odessa distr., Ukraine. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peculiarities of conducting acoustic-emission control are considered in the case of the object of air distribution station K-158 of
water treatment shop of OPP during pneumatic testing. This object of control consists of three interconnected pressure vessels,
enclosed into a metal case, so that access to each individual vessel is limited. It is shown that how it is possible to conduct acousticemission
control in such a case, and obtain results, suitable for prediction of breaking load. It is noted that application of zone
location at such testing allows solving the problem of evaluation of the state of inner vessel surfaces inaccessible for control without
dismantling the outer case. Destructive loading for each of the objects of control was calculated, proceeding from the results of two
stages of pneumatic testing. It is shown that their current state is satisfactory and allows their further operation. It is recommended to
take into account the obtained results, when preparing the normative materials on acoustic-emission control. 9 Ref., 2 Tabl., 8 Fig.
Keywords: acoustic-emission control, breaking load, prediction, zone location
1. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A. (2011) Continuous monitoring of main gas pipelines and gas compressor stations by acoustic emission method. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 3-13 [in Russian].
2. (2003) DSTU 4227-2003 [in Ukrainian].
3. (2003) DSTU 4223-2003: Boilers, pressure vessels and pipelines. Technical diagnostics. General requirements [in Ukrainian].
4. (2014) General requirements. TK-78 TDNK, Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
5. (2006) SOU 50.07-2006: Procedural recommendations on acoustic emission diagnostics. General requirements. TK-78 TDNK, Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
6. (1995) Procedure «Acoustic emission diagnostics» (approv. by State Health Protection) [in Ukrainian].
7. Nedoseka A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A. et al. (2013) Software of AE diagnostic systems EMA-3.9. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 3, 16-22 [in Russian].
8. Paton B.E., Lobanov L.M., Nedoseka A.Ya. et al. (2016) Smart technologies for evaluation of structure state (AE technologies and new generation control equipment on its basis). Ibid, 2, 3-18 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.02.01
9. Nedoseka A.Ya. , Nedoseka S.A., Yaremenko M.A., Ovsienko M.A. (2018) Aplication of the technology of acoustic emis-sion monitoring at evaluation of the condition of vessels in chemical production. Ibid, 1, 34-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.05