Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #2, 2020, pp. 22-25
Method to detect signals of eddy current flaw detection with small computer resource capacity
M.O. Redka1, Yu.V. Kuts2, O.E. Levchenko1, O.D. Bliznyuk2
Chair of NDT Instruments and Systems of I.Sikorsky KPI. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific-Technical Laboratory of Technical Diagnostics and Nondestructive Testing in Aeronautical Engineering of NAU.
A method for processing the signals of eddy current flaw detection is proposed. It is based on determination of the number of
zeros of the analyzed signal in the sliding mode. The method features low resources capability, has simple circuit implementation
and can be used in automated systems of eddy current nondestructive testing. 13 Ref., 1 Tabl., 4 Fig.
eddy current flaw detection, automated eddy current testing, signal detection
1. Klyuev, V.V., Sosnin, F.R., Kovalyov, A.V. et al. (2005) Nondestructive
testing and diagnostics: Refer. book. Moscow,
Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
2. (2004) Nondestructive Testing Handbook. 3rd Ed. Vol. 5: Electromagnetic
testing. Ed. by Satish S. Udpa, P. O’Moore. ASNT.
3. Uchanin, V.M. (2013) Put-on eddy-current transducers of
double differentiation. Lviv, SPOLOM [in Ukrainian].
4. Kachanov, V.K. (1994) Modern methods and means of ultrasonic
testing using statistical processing of signals: Manual.
Ed. by V.P. Babak. Kyiv, IS DO [in Ukrainian].
5. Marchenko, B.G., Pryimak, M.V., Shcherbak, L.M. (2001)
Theoretical fundamentals of analysis of stochastic signals
and noises: Manual. Ternopil, TDTU [in Ukrainian].
6. Karpash, O.M., Ribitskii, I.V., Karpash, M.O. (2008) Substantiation
of the possibility of using Barker codes to improve
the sensitivity of ultrasonic contactless method of
thickness measurement. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol,
7. Sokolov, I.V. (2007) Split-method of ultrasonic testing. Defektoskopiya, 12, 3-17 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1061830907120017
8. Tyutyakin, A.V. (2012) On application of wavelet transformation
in spectral analysis of informative signals of nondestructive
testing and diagnostic systems. Kontrol. Diagnostika,
8, 11-16 [in Russian].
9. Tikhonov, V.I. (1970) Spikes of random processes. Moscow,
Nauka [in Russian].
10. Kuts, Yu.V., Eremenko, V.S., Monchenko, O.V. et al. (2006)
Method of ultrasonic measurement of product thickness.
Ukraine pat. for utility model 35057, Int. Cl. G01B 17/02.
publ. 26.08.2008, Bull. 16 [in Ukrainian].
11. Fisher, N.I. (2000) Statistical analysis of circular data. Cambridge,
Cambridge University Press.
Advertising in this issue: