Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #3, 2020, pp. 11-15
Composites based on magnetic nanoparticles for nondestructive magnetic and magnetic-luminescent flaw detection
I.V. Vasylenko1, N.V. Grabova1, A.S. Lytvynenko1, V.V. Pavlishchuk1, S.V. Kolotilov1, M.L. Kazakevych2
L.V. Pissarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine. 31 Nauka Prosp., 03028, Kyiv, Ukraine.
State Enterprise «Koloran» of L.V. Pissarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine. 31 Nauka Prosp., 03028,
Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper presents the results of development of magnetic and magnetic-luminescent fluid based on nanosized CoFe2O4 particles,
as well as composites of CoFe2O4 and Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles with organic polymers. It is shown that application of
CoFe2O4-based fluid for magnetic flaw detection allows visualization of defects with the total opening width of at least 1.2 ~m.
Addition of luminescent dye to magnetic fluid enables producing magnetic-luminescent material, application of which allows
detection of defects due to drawing of the entire fluid into the magnetic field. A simple technique is proposed for preparation of
compositions to obtain replicas for magnetic particle flaw detection. It consists in development of Fe3O4 and CoFe2O4 magnetic
fluids, which contain organic polymers, and solidify upon removal of the solvent. Developed materials are characterized by a
high sensitivity at flaw detection, and can be readily produced without additional procedures or materials. 12 Ref., 1 Table, рис. 4
magnetic flaw detection, magnetic-luminescent flaw detection, magnetic nanoparticles, compositions, organic
polymers, defect replicas
1. (1976) Nondestructive testing of metals and products: Refer. book. Ed. by G.S. Samoilovich. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
2. Reinshagen, K. Method of visualization of surface defects; Schweissindustrie Oerlikon Buehrle AG. USSR Pat. 456433, 1375553/25-28, filed 06.11.69, published 05.01.75 [in Russian].
3. Walther, K.G., Walther, R.G. Method and apparatus for magnetic testing of metallic work pieces. USA Pat. 4,992,732. Assignee Magfoil & It GmbH, 345,762, filed 01.01.1989, published 12.02.1991.
4. Purdy, R. (1968) Non-destructive Testing, 363-369. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-1021(68)90227-2
5. Savenkova, A.V., Semenovskaya, I.B., Semenova, L.B. Indicator mass for magnetic particle flaw detection. USSR Pat. 557306, 2327791/28, filed 23.02.76, published 05.05.77 [in Russian].
6. Alekseev, B.F., Savenkova, A.V., Semenovskaya, I.B., Murashova, V.G., Zakharova, Z.M., Konovalova, E.A. Indicator mass for magnetic particle flaw detection. USSR Pat. 637652, 2483635/25-28, filed 04.05.77, published 15.12.78 [in Russian].
7. Vasylenko, I.V., Kolotilov, S.V., Kazakevych, M.L., Pavlishchuk, V.V. (2017) Magnetic fluid for magnetic particle flaw detection. IPC of NANU, u 201611965, filed 25.11.16, Pat. on utility model, 116493, registered 25.05.2017, published 25.05.2017 [in Ukrainian].
8. (1992) GOST 21105-87. Nondestructive testing. Magnetic- particle method; Introd. 01.01.1988 instead of GOST 21105-75; reedit.. April 1992. Moscow, Izd-vo Standartov [in Russian].
9. Vasilenko, I.V., Kazakevich, M.L., Pavlishchuk, V.V. (2018) Development of magnetic and magnetic-luminescent fluids based on CoFe2O4 nanoparticles for nondestructive flaw detection. Teoreticheskaya i Eksperimentalnaya Khimiya, 54, 333-337 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-019-09582-w
10. Giri, J., Thakurta, S.G., Bellare, J. et al. (2005) Preparation and characterization of phospholipid stabilized uniform sized magnetite nanoparticles. J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 293, 62-68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2005.01.044
11. Grabovaya, N.V., Vasylenko, I.V., Lytvynenko, A.S. et al. (2019) Composites of magnetic nanoparticles and polymers for non-destructive flaw detection. In: Abstr. of Papers of Int. Research and Practice Сonf. on Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials NANO-2019 (Lviv, August 27-30, 2019, Ukraine), 137.
12. Vasylenko, I.V., Grabova, N.V., Lytvynenko, A.S., Pavlishchuk, V.V., Kolotilov, S.V. (2020) Composites of magnetic nanoparticles and polymers for nondestructive flaw detection. Pat. Appl.a202001161, Ukraine, IPC [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.37434/tdnk2020.03.01
Advertising in this issue: